Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

K175 - VANTAGE Connect and IX Workplace NOT Running Not Starting

Status
Not open for further replies.

george74

Technical User
Oct 12, 2008
GR
Probably the worst Avaya Device ever had in my lab.
Following step by step all of 257 pages of Installation Manual this nightmare has been upgraded and booted normally however it only works as an android tablet at the moment.
Vantage Connect not Running, same with IX Workplace.
Re-downloaded and installed both apps from Google PlayStore on K175 without success. It is also not starting following a device reboot and it is not appear on installed applications even when login as an Admim.
What is wrong with this?
Any help will be appreciated

Hi George74

Actually it's the worst device i have, however I installed IX workplace on Vantage K175 and K155 and its working fine till know but "VOIP services limited" message keep showing and i don't know also contacts can be seen during search only. I don't know how to solve these issues

I had no problems setting up mine with Workplace app. I use the Dual File server mode.
46xxsettings.txt and K1xxSupgrade.txt on the IP Office.

I made sure to add an entry in NoUser source numbers to specify the admin password. This is critical.
I have a web server running in my lab, and I have the device firmware living in that web root directory.
On the IP Office I just enter the IP address of the web server under HTTP Server IP address in System.
The

I boot up the Vantage and go through the wizard, and when it asks for file server, I enter the IP address of the IP Offie, and the IP Office does the rest.

I followed Chapter 9 in this document.

Yes Exactly, In my case, i used a 3rd Party File server that the phones connected to for the upgrade.
The K175 phones has to be upgraded before the Vantage connect comes up. Just follow the instructions on the document @Travis shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back