Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jumpstart boot problem:can not open kernel/sparcv9/unix

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahalingam1

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2007
Hi all

I just trying a jumpstart installation in a Sun Blade 150. When I try boot over net i get the following error

can not open kernel/sparcv9/unix

i have create a jumpstart boot server and install server in the same machine, sun fire 15K. I have create several jumpstart boot servers and install servers from diferents verions of Solaris 8, solaris 9 and solaris 10 but i have always the same error.

From Sun i see the minimun Solaris 10 version requiered for Sun Blade 150 is 10 3/05. (
The verions that i have proved are Solaris 10 5/09, Solaris 10 10/08 and Solaris 10 10/09.

Please any one can help me?

Thanks in advance an regards

Looks like your old jumpstart configuration is conflicting with the current install. Go to all other jumpstart servers and cleanup any entries related to this jumpstart client from the following files:

/etc/inet/hosts
/etc/bootparams
/etc/ethers

Try jumpstarting after this is done,

Sekhar.

as above but see where you boot net - install is trying to install from by running

boot net -V - install

this will give you the verbose output of the jumpstart

Hi all

Sekhar I have explained badly

i have created several boot and install jumpstart images not boot and install jumpstart servers.

Now i'm trying boot from an old boot image that i have restored from a networker server

Thank you and regards

As Sekhar as suggested check the /etc/bootparams file

this will contain the locations to the image on the boot of a server.

and also run the boot net -V - install. this will output most issues to the console.

Also check the image restored it conatins all the correct directories for the product.

Hi coopermarsh

now i just boot from an old image and was fine. I was made a flar instalation. In the flar archive was removed the Veritas volume manager pakages but when the system try boot it try to load the veritas services. Now i´ll made a flar archive after remove the veritas service.

Thank you very much and regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back