Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

joining a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penni2U

Technical User
Apr 15, 2013
US
In our old Avaya CM system when someone picked up a call for another person example ext. 111.
Then if the person walked in they could see the call blinking and pick it up without transferring the call to them.
We don’t seem to have that option in IP Office 8 to take the call back or join the call without actually having to transfer the call to the user at ext. 111.
I’ve been searching for some options but not finding anything? Is this feature gone in IP Office 8.1 or is there a setting for this?

It never existed, so no it hasn't gone in IP Office 8. You can't do it that way. Don't forget the CM is an enterprise level system not SME as the IPO is :)

this would also require to have the privacy (cannot be intruded) turned off

Joe W.

TeleTechs.ca
FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

“This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

I did turn off the cannot be intruded hoping it might be that simple.
As amriddle01 posted that it's not available i keep hoping that some of the features would be available!!

I'm finding IP Office takes a bit of a step backward in some aspects.
you would think that if you picked up another person's call that the person could pick up the call themselves rather then having to wait for a transfer in which sometimes the call gets dropped or lost by the user transferring the call. :(

I'm still learning so i appreciate your help and suggestions!!

Too posh for bridged appearance buttons then!

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

I suggest just assigning a call park button on any or all phones. the answering party my then answer the call pick up and then place it on park. the called party when returning to their own phone will see the call park button either blinking or illuminated and may pick it up there. I am familiar with CM and IP Office and I find that IPO is much easier to program, and train customers to use. the many end user features on ipo and cm may be named differently and work somewhat differently, but in most cases you can match up most user features on the IPO to the CM.

i will try the call park button. i agree it is much easier to program IPO and easier to find things.
It's just the matching up of features that is a little tricky! :)

Sys85 - Would one call park be sufficient?
What if multiple people were trying to pick up a call from the Call Park button how do you specify whose call you're picking up?

Multiple call park buttons may be necessary depends on how busy the customer is and how many calls may be parked at the same time. You may assign as many as you need, i.e. Park 1, Park 2, Park 3, etc... Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back