Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

cal3500

Technical User
Jul 23, 2015
US
So working with the J1xx series phones I've found a lot of gothchas. TLS has to be used to get buttons. Button layout is not standard buttons 1,3,5,7 are the buttons on the left side of the screen. 2,4,6,8 are the buttons on the right side of the screen. if you want any feature buttons to show up on main screen they have to be set to favorites on user management with System manager.

They're only natively supported on CM8. Aliases on 7.1 get ugly. Read the PSNs and release notes.

Busy-Indicators got dropped in FW 3 I think also. They will supposedly return in the future firmware releases.

New phone firmware came out 3/8/19 didn't see much change

You want to be on 7.1.3.3 with the SM/SMGR fixes. The J100 4.0.0.1 has a new config parameter which displays features/autodials even if they are not marked as favorites.

UPDATE: phone button layout is normal 1 through 8 unless you are using half screen mode then they are 1,3,5,7 on left and 2,4,6,8 on right

I am running SMGR 8.0.1 and phone fw 4.0.1 and i cannot confirm the fact that 4.0.1 puts those features on the forst page without being favorite. as of first test that does not seem to be true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back