Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J169/J179 Won't recover from a reboot of the IPO 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

racom

Vendor
Mar 9, 2005
US
Anyone experiencing the J169/J179 not coming back when you reboot the IPO? They do if you reboot each phone or the POE switch. This is frustrating since many options in the IPO require a reboot.

1) What firmware are they on? They J100s are still pretty new and Avaya are fixing things very much every release, so get the latest 4.0.whatever it is firmware onto the system and onto the phones.

2) What's in between the phones and the IP Office? Any SBC/firewall etc?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

11.0.4, IP500v2. Most of the phones are onsite, the rest are connected via a comcast loop (VLAN). Both sites won't come back on a reboot of the IPO. We had to either unplug/plug the phone or the POE switches.

I just tried my 11.0.2 that I'm building and the phones came back without any trouble.

I have SIP 4.0.0.1 firmware loaded on my phone, and haven't experienced this yet. Newest firmware is SIP 4.0.1.
What version firmware are you using?

This wouldn't have anything to do with no passwords on the extension would it? I have noticed some weird things in 11.0 in general

Nope, I have those in there, and under Telephony. They boot up once you pull power and add back, but it doesn't like it when you reboot the IPO.

What do they do then? On a reboot of the IPO, what does the J1xxx screen show? Does it get stuck on Acquiring Service?

No the screen is lit, but the buttons are blank. Once we reboot the POE switch, or unplug a phone and plug back in it comes back up.

Have you tried with another switch or by using static IP on phones? I have installed last week a SE 11 FP4 with J169 and I don't have this issue.

I was thinking of isolating the network to test. I have not yet. One interesting thing is that when the phones are down, I can ping them from the IP Office, so they are still technically up, and the IP Office can see them on the network, they just unregister. I try and reregister and reset the phones from Monitor/SIP, but it doesn't do anything. I have an engineering case open with Avaya. Hopefully they can figure this one out.

What does it show in monitor when they try to register?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

racom: Any update from Avaya on that SR? Just upgraded a customer site and they are experiencing the same issue.

Yep. Ended up creating an engineering case with Avaya. Turned out that the 46xx settings file had some bad data in it. I show it in all my 46xx files. I don't know how it got there, but here is the bad data...

IF $SIG_IN_USE SEQ H323 GOTO PER_MODEL_SETTINGS
SET SIMULTANEOUS_REGISTRATIONS 1
SET ENABLE_AVAYA_ENVIRONMENT 0
SET SIPREGPROXYPOLICY \alternate\ **********Should not have had the "\" before and after alternate***********
SET DISCOVER_AVAYA_ENVIRONMENT 0
SET FAILBACK_POLICY admin

I had it set correctly at the top of the 46xx setting file, but near the bottom of the file it had it twice with the back slashes. So it overrode my correct settings. Not sure where that 46xx file got those settings. This would only apply to those who use the 46xx file. I don't like to manually program each extension, so I use the 46xx file to automatically pull the data. Especially with the new J series phones.

To resolve, just search for ALTERNATE in notepad or wordpad. Remove the backslashes and reboot the phone to pull the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back