Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J169 Internal Auto Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregl45

Technical User
Apr 4, 2006
US
We have an IP500V2 that we just installed with release 11.0.4 with J169 SIP phones release 4.0.0.0.21. We are trying to use the Internal Auto Answer feature on the phones. I set the feature in the phone and save it. The feature will function for a short period of time and then randomly turn off. When I go back into the phone to set the feature again it will not save the setting. I hit save but when you go back into the feature it is still off. The only way o get the setting to save is to rebuild the user in Manager. It will then function again for a short period of time. Any ideas other than a software bug?

I would try and change this setting within the 46xxsettings file, in the embedded file management. Keep in mind this will happen for all phones. In order for this to occur on certain phones, they will need their own HTTP server for the specialized 46xxxsettings file

j169autoanswersetting_dbijdz.jpg

It looks like that would auto answer all calls not internal calls only?

Right, sorry - I must have read over that! I believe it is also possible to perform an internal auto answer call with short codes. You might need to set up a button in the user rights and leave the telephone number as N so it will give the caller a chance to enter the extension before dialing.

If you need 1-on-1 support or have more questions - I am available on my Facebook group for immediate responses

I have added an internal auto answer button and it is now allowing me to make changes to that feature again. I will have to wait and see if the setting stays active or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back