Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace no Contacts and Presence status

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBATech173

Technical User
Dec 12, 2008
US
Got an IP500V2 on 11.0.42 in Standard mode. Created a FDQN which points to the IP Office address. The IX Workplace connects but I cannot see the extension contacts and I don't have any Presence. Otherwise, I can make and receive calls just fine. If I use the software on the local network, it works fine with access to the extension directory and Presence status. What am I missing ? I'm entering the FQDN address for the Server Address and Domain under the software's Services>Phone Service. Am I supposed to enter something else in any of the other fields ? Please advise.

BTS Tech

Thanks for replying. I just had port 443 opened but I still cannot see the extension directory or presence status. Am I supposed to enter something in the IX Workplace after I open that port ?

I'm also not getting the green check box in the profile. I tried to enter the Ip500 address under Devices since I can see port 443 under that field but it didn't change anything.

Are you using TLS? also try to reset the IX app and re-provision it from Settings>Support>Rest app.

Just tried re-provisioning it as well and still no PBX contacts or presence.

Just make sure you have port forwarded 443 to the correct LAN1 or LAN2 interface of the IPO. TLS is unchecked in IPO lan tab. Reset the app and re provision it then check on the phone service tab in IX and see if it gets the correct info ( Server addrss is your public IP, Port should be the public port, and Domain would be whatever you have in the IPO lan tab if any or the local IPO IP}.

Thanks for the reply, guys. ICET500, I'm using the manual provisioning, not the URL. So I'm manually entering the FQDN address in the Phone Service field. DERFLOH, I've never done much with creating or using certificates. I just tried for the first time following this Avaya link, , but I'm not sure if I'm installing it in the correct Windows certificate folder. I've tried several and I'm still not getting access to Contacts or Presence.

BTS Tech

As derfloh said, Is there a reason you register it manually? you will need to auto provision it so it download the 46xxsettings file from the IPO.
Open port 80 to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back