Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace Mobile/Desktop outside calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

ringvoltage

Vendor
Nov 12, 2012
US
Sorry for the double questions...

I have a remote J179 SIP phone. It can dial 9 and an outside number and make a call over SIP trunks. Works as expected.
Same user has IX Workplace installed on desktop.
Dialing 9 and the same outside number, doesn't work. There is no calling number. In status - trunk - trace, it sees the 9N match, and then nothing. Short Code Matched = User, 9N. In monitor the call is rejected for no calling number. It's the same for a different user using the mobile app.

Internal calls extension to extension work fine on the desktop or mobile app. (although the conference button disabled in both apps; maybe this is related?)

Is there a DTMF setting somewhere? Do the apps have to be told to wait for all of the digits in a dial plan? (I tried some settings in the Advanced > Dial Plan) Power user license/all of the mobile/remote work features enabled. R11.1

Stumped. Thoughts? Thank you.

For this user are you using Auto Data or Internal Data on the Sip Trunks?
If its internal Data make sure there is the correct number on the Sip User Field.

Internal Data. The outside number is programmed in Users > SIP tab. The SIP J179 phone can make calls so I know that part is working.

Just for kicks and grins try making a new SIP URI that is explicit with your main DID. Keep the incoming groupID the same as the working incoming but change the outgoing GroupID to something unique. Copy the main ARS table and point the copy to the unique GroupID. Test.

If this works then it clearly is the callerID causing the issue. Maybe your SIP trunk is rejecting some DIDs and allowing others... hard to say without a proper SIP trace.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

After posting I saw this in your post:

ringvoltage said:
Short Code Matched = User, 9N

If you are using internal data for all users why does it have a user Shortcode of 9N?

As always the more information you can provide the better help you can get.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Can you send a trace of the IX Workplace making a call?

Check your licenses to check if there is an issue with it.

Conference only appears with more than 2 people on a call.

Doing some more testing and I will put up a trace soon. What I have found is that if I dial too fast, the call doesn't work. For example, in Status > Trunk > Trace I will see 934321 if I I dialed 94561234321 quickly. It misses the first set of digits. If I press redial on the phone, I don't see any digits other than 9. In the redial case, Monitor doesn't even show the digits in any of the messages. I tried increasing the dial timer to 4 seconds, but it doesn't seem to effect anything. I'll post a trace in a little while.

No need for a trace or anything fancy. The issue is that there was short code on every user for 9N that was taking over for the system shortcode 9N. For anyone coming along later, I didn't put that user 9N there myself. It was there as part of the default config automatically. I don't know why Avaya chooses to do that. There must be a reason.

Thank you to everyone for your help.

Yes this is in the notes, user short codes take priority over the global system short codes. This is essential for customizing the individual users for displaying different DDI numbers and different features.

It's a handy feature when you need to customize on the user level. I just don't why the system defaulted to adding that info right from the jump. I don't remember it doing that on previous versions.

I have had this before and it turned out to be the users 4g netowrk on her mobile. Couldnt dial out at all until she connected to wifi.

When she went to work and used 4g she could dial out but at home no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back