Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR call routing Nortel cs 1000 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaml

Systems Engineer
Jul 12, 2018
AE

HI ; We have Nortel cs 1000 IP telephony and CallPilot Manager version 05.00.41.20 STILL without any support.
Now stuck with a IVR requirement.
When outside callers call the main Number the IVR will prompt to dial 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 etc.. till 9 so that the caller will be
routed to the desired extension while pressing the desired. Now i need to change the extensions what will be reached when user dial 1 or 2 or 3 ..
Request urgent help on this. Where to make changes.. is it ACD.. not familiar with Nortel..

I'm not sure what you have there is an IVR. Sounds more like an application within the CallPilot utilizing the auto attendant features. If I am correct that would be administered using the CallPilot Application Builder. Make sure you use the version that matches to the CallPilot version.

While it's not exactly an intuitive program to learn you should be able to stumble your way through simple changes to where a call is directed on a key press. You might have some fun finding the proper application to administer though.

BTW, there are some pretty major security updates to the CallPilot software that you are missing at the stated version you have. You might want to look at patching that box.

I would say you need to find a pc with application builder on it, or download it from Avaya. It is very simple to do once you get the app builder connected and have the menu open.

@Wanebo and @Phonetech2012 ; Thanks for the reply.
The system is OK with the current version. Just need to change Extensions which ring when Outside callers select options from IVR.
* When outside callers press 1 its going to group of some numbers 512 , 632, 543 etc..
and when press 2 its going two 514,655
when pressing 3 going to other etc..
Now need to change the extensions, when users press 1 it must goes to 712 ,713,714 etc.

As by seeing both of your reply it feels we require a third system. Corect me if i am wrong.

We currently have two systems now in IPT ,

1) signalling server which we usually make changes to create and modify extensions &

2) IVR which we dont do anything , Just restart if it doesnt work.

For this requirement do i need to make change in any of the above two or need the third one Application builder(which we dont have now)
@Phonetech2012 : Kindly post what need to be downloaded and configured.
Thanks in Advance.

Just go to the Avaya website ESPL and download the latest version of Aplication Builder (Its in with the callpilot patches). the you just install it on your PC as long as you can reach the CP over your network. When you open it you just need to add a site then login using the callpilot manager user/password

@Bignose21 : Thanks for the reply. But, one query ; Then how come its working now.
Without installing Application builder / patches the system is working fine now.
I just need to change the extension from one number to another new number now when outside caller press 1 or 2 or 3 during IVR.
could you tell me In our current CallPilot Manager version 05.00.41.20 where the current settings will be defined.
So that i can change there.

Application Builder is software used to create and modify the applications (menus, thru-dialers, announcements, etc.) on CallPilot. It is not required for the applications to run. Only required to add or change.

As Stan says its just required for the Admin of the applications, the applications themselves reside in the callpilot.

@All people who guided, Thanks guys . I did it with App builder. Installed on My PC and changed for the requirement.
5 stars to All.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back