Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITG "swed equip congestion"

Status
Not open for further replies.

phones1

Technical User
Jun 13, 2005
GB
Hello to everybody, I'm in the thick brown stuff at the mo & need some help. I have upgraded the software on an ITG card (MC-32) from 3.0 to 3.01 call flow works fine for about five minutes (in & out) then via DCH messaging when making an outbound call (weather network based or PSTN) i get dissconected & the message says

CAUSE: SWED EQUIP CONGESTION

inbound traffic works fine 100% of the time, but no outbound.

This site route all calls via ITG & has no pstn services.
Any help will be appreciated......

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Sorry can't resist...

So that where Sven-Goran Eriksson has gone!!

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

not very funny... but hes probably shagging his admin staff

Scott UK

with zero pstn they couldn't really think they would have stable service anyway... your overloading outbound only, do you have shared in/out bandwidth? that would seem to rule the bw out as the source.. can you back out the upgrade? if not you may be looking at a patch... the only change was the upgrade? then i would be screaming at nortel, long, hard and loud.. i hate it when i've been on the phone for hours or days and one tech suddenly says "oh yes, we have a patch for that, it happens all the time"... where was he Sat, around midnight and why isn't the patch on the website yet

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Dialing plan in ITG has been altered during the upgrade, for sure. The normal way to upgrade an ITG/MC is:

Print all datas on a paper sheet
Software upg
Firmware upg
Print an compare again
Test
Go take a coffee

...as John as described in an older thread...

According to Nortel documentation, patch MPLR17662 is required, but this patch has been superceded by p17629a2.tp2 and p17629b2.tp2

upgrade has gone fine it does look like patches & yes that was after reading 4 documents (150 pages) & still struggled to find it on nortel. there wasnt anything wrong with the dialplan as it was the first thing i checked. i rolled back the upgrade & all works fine, Thanks for all your help will let you know how i get on

Scott UK

What SW version is your PBX? I could check to see if there are any core patches that deal with this error.

Also there are about 20 patches for the VGMC card (3.10.92). I have looked at these patches and none of them have to do with your particular error. I have seen this error before but it has been with new installations and TGAR/NCOS values. If you are simply upgrading the card and you were able to tandem calls before then this should be setup correctly.

In such a case, debug that way:

Trace the call on DCH ITG caller side
Telnet to itg and trace the call as well
Trace the call on DCH ITG calling side

Where does the call stops?
Then you know which element is involved. Debug is easier...

the PBX is an opt11c mini running 25.40b, MC32 is on firmware 6.8 suporting 3.01.60
one half of the problem was that the copy of firmware 6.8 was knackered so reloaded it that stopped the card rebooting after 10 mins, but now card is stable but still have no outbound "SWED equip congestion", now i have some french nortel dude looking into it & not to confident he'll sort it. Bmiles2000 have you seen any patches relating to these version as i looked in the PEP library & seen nothing.
Dslap tried that didnt show anthing, had dch messaging on the 11c & when doing a h323SessionShow all channels are idle as this command only shows established calls & not the Negotiation of them

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back