Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

It doesn't say, can we dicuss the new 5.0 features? 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

amriddle01

Programmer
May 2, 2007
GB
I don't wanna get in trouble, it doesn't say it's confidential on the ivitation...If we can what do you guys think?

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I train everybody to look at the display when the call is ringing. It tells you everything you need to know.

I would perfer for the internal caller to get a different ringback when another user is on the phone. That would save alot of time and hastle.

Does anyone know another PBX that treats supervised transfers with external ringing??

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

"The phone rings internal so i know it is internal and can answer it internal" - but it isn't. I'm a busy receptionist and complete the transfer the moment I hear you answer.

"I train everybody to look at the display when the call is ringing. It tells you everything you need to know." - Even on basic analog phones?

"So i guess it is commom that internal calls are not answer in the states" - I didn't say that. But there are scenarios such as being close to your desk but not at it where the ring is the only information you have. If its internal do you stop what your working on and go to the desk to find out if its an actually just an internal call or actually an external call being transferred?

"I would perfer for the internal caller to get a different ringback when another user is on the phone. That would save alot of time and hastle." - Agreed and a lot more ring control over what ring is used in what scenarios, whether at a system level or even down to user level.

Does anyone know another PBX that treats supervised transfers with external ringing? - Sadly I've only worked with SDX, INDeX, IP Office and the way I seem to be defending Avaya on this makes me think my name's David Tessari, but it isn't, I just like the current logic within the limited range of ring control that we have (which is more to do with the phone than the IP Office).

Sadly its all been very good but another post to follow will explain why that's all folks.

Well your gone now but we sell very few analog phones. And if it matters on an analog phone than you got bigger problems.

I sure I could say something to make you respond but I don't want to get kicked off again.

ha ha.

i knew i recognised your tone from somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back