Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with Groupwise 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatastropheJones

IS-IT--Management
Jun 22, 2006
US
We've recently upgraded most of the campus from Groupwise 6.5.6 to 7.0 (not using SP1 yet, that I know of) and we're getting a couple irritating issues.

One is a missing GWXL97.xla file, which doesn't seem to happen, or not happen, based on anything we do. I know how to fix it once it happens, but can anyone tell me WHY it happens? Something about GW and XL fighting over a toolbar, I know, but can you give me specifics or let me know what settings can be played with, Admin-wise, to stop it from happening?

Also, we're getting calls from people who are attempting to print multiple emails from the inbox, by Shift+click or Ctrl+click, then rightclick-->Print. Only one message is actually printed, and when you then try to deselect and/or go on about your business, GW freezes and shuts down. What gives?

Hi!
I found this solution on mrexcel on google:
Start Microsoft Excel.

On the View menu, point to Toolbars and click Customize.

On the Toolbars tab, click Worksheet Menu Bar and then click Reset.

Also reset the Standard toolbar by clicking Standard and then clicking Reset.

Click Close.

Hope it works for you!

furthermore... I won't even try to troubleshoot GW7 unless SP1 is installed first.

Hello,
My GW7 SP1 installation sending is totaly on random basis. 2 out of 3 mails would go through but one will remain behind in the sent items folder and never reach my server.

Any ideas?

You need to turn on Verbose Logging on the GWIA and then watch messages as they are either a success or failure. There are so many reasons a message could fail (Many are not GroupWise related) that the only way to start troubleshooting is by watching the GWIA.

Marvin Huffaker, MCNE

I have copied all of my achieved email onto a CD. Since then, I left the company, and have no access to GroupWise, how do I view my email. Thanks

When we clink on our link to go to Webaccess we get a message to download the webacc.cfg file instead of linking to Webaccess.

History: we replaced our existing web site last night by renaming the new files to the new ones using the same naming structure.

Any ideas???

abuashraf
you cant view your email
groupwise is secure -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back