Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with the Company Directory and External Voicemail access

Status
Not open for further replies.

rj2506

Technical User
Jun 10, 2005
GB
Hi,

I have an issue with the Company Directory and External Voicemail access on a BCM400 4.0 (Fully Patched)

I have a customer who uses the Company Director (Using First Name) for incoming calls. The problem is they have several users that have the first two characters of their name beginning with ‘TU’, when you enter these the CallPilot receives ‘88’ and then proceeds to ask you to enter your Mailbox Number and Password as if you were accessing your mailbox externally.

The customer also needs to be able to access their Voicemail at their convenience Externally!

Can anyone advise on a workaround or fix for the above issue?

Thanks,

For the Directory, you must press # first. This elminates ** from having any effect.

Adversity is Opportunity

Yes, when the Auto Attendant Answers, we have recorded an announcement of 'Thank you for Calling... To use our Dial By Name service please press the # key...' (We have also tried to Dial the Default Name Prefix '11')
When we press the # key the CallPilot tells the caller to enter the First Name. As soon as they enter 'TU' (88) the CallPilot asks the caller to enter their mailbox number and password!!

Thanks

For laughs, change it to first or last name, and try again?

Adversity is Opportunity

Tried that aswell! They have more 'Last Names' that conflict with the '88'!

I've just tried it on 2 other systems and they do exactly the same!

You're not in North America aren't you? I guess one of the guys in UK have the answer for this one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back