Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDX does not release line after call is terminated 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbx1960

MIS
Jul 26, 2006
AE
Does anyone have a clue as to why every call into our queue does not release after the agent terminates it? Don't know squat about this system, we hope to replace it soon, but in the mean time the Call Center Manager is steaming. I just started working here three weeks ago, and have never worked on ISDX.
This is a GPT ISDX, here is the version (I think):

GPT LIMITED.LACE

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
iSDX
5.2.001 0001100 UK 09 27/08/97 A C 018
26/07/06 14:04:58

Sure hope someone can help me, I dread having to learn this system just to throw it away!

forgot to say it was second hand but upto date S/ware

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

Can you please tell me which provider us using in Kabul..it was 100% from the provider only... ROSHAN, AWCC,AREEBA or Digital( Goverment one).
We are installed a Nortel 61C for UNDP in Kabul with 2 PRI lines from Digital, we had the same issues on the link then we show the traces to them then they did some changes on the Switch setting.
Please send a reply to me if u need a help.

Hello JAAGB,
I am indeed still having this problem. AWCC claims their settings are fine, I can only take their word for it, I have seen their trace, all it shows is a 30 or so second on the disconnect. What exactly did you show the provider in your trace?

Hi dear,
So sorry for very late reply. Because i went to some other installition and forget this case. Still ur faceing the same problem?
In ur system u can enable the Traces for incoming and out going calls in D-Channel. On the trace you can see the logs and messages. if u will read that u will know excatly.
I done the same in UNDP problem. If u want any help u can call me on my mobile roshan 0799995598

i'm not aware of being able to do DCH messaging on the DX, on the meridian its totally different as it gives you much more info

Scott UK

Hello Jaag,
Yes we are having the same problem, however, they are keeping me jumping around, so I haven't had time to get back, and now I will be out until January. The big plan is to get a new switch, this one needs major upgrades, and they would cost as much as a better solution. I think you have a Hipath if I am not mistaken, ours is an ancient GPT Micro, It is so unstable I am afriad to even breath on it.

phones1

D ch tracing is very detailed on the dx you can use

TRQM to trace the Q931 messages
TRMB to trace the DPNSS/DASS2 messages.

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

I performed the traces you guys mentioned many months ago, it was detailed, but all it told me was that indeed the disconnect was thirty five seconds after the caller hung up, which by the way, I found was the true scenario, if the agent disconnects before the caller, no problem, if the caller disconnects first, problem.
Also I ran the test you guys suggested, calling from and agent phone to an agent phone, and there was no issue, I am sure it is in the Qsig variant, however, I can't convince the MSC people to change it. No worries though, we just received approval to purchase an Avaya 8710 with a boatload of goodies. Sorry about "straying to the darkside" however, I used to work for Nortel, and worked for Avaya as a tier three engineer for eight years, and I find the support and documentation much better, expecially considering my switch is obsolete, no longer produced or supported. I also don't care for the programming interface. In all honesty, I can't wait to see this thing hit the graveyard with the rest of our antiques.
BTW phones1 and JAAG, we receive our lines from AWCC, no PSTN involved, it goes over a microwave link in the call center to the MSC, they do all the switching control.
I do a lot of work around here for many offices, I went to the UNDP when I first got here, as marketing wanted me to sell them some E1s, I am not a sales person, but my company is short on talent, and does not understand the protocol of an organizational chart, so I spent my first few months bouncing around doing stuff that had nothing to do with PBXes, drafting proposals, sells, ad nauseum. Only recently have I gotten a chance to get my feet wet, we have so many issues, wiring nightmares being foremost, I also get called in to the US Embassy, and Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I have to wear a dozen hats, and am the only support person for PBX in my company, they are really wearing me out. JAAG, I will try to give you a call sometime when my head stops spinning.

no problem u can call me at any time, i wont ne avaliable on X-mas time in kabul.

I a supposed to be sent back there in the new year, i will post my contact details if you want a hand/ second oppinion

Scott UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back