Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN BRI problem working in Germany 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKuehn

Technical User
Dec 30, 2001
DE
Hi all,

i hope anyone can help me. I have trouble to get an ISDN BRi Trunk TN2185B running in Germany. I have configured the BRI-TRUNK-BOARD und set up a trunk-group 1. When i enter "STATUS TRUNK-GROUP 1" then the service-state "IN_SERVICE/IDLE" appears, bu i am not able to place a call over this trunk.

What could be the problem?

best regards,
rigobert kuehn

If the trunks are in service I would look to COS and COR issues. If you have R8.3 or higher you can use the list trace stat {station number} and get a good feeling as to what is happening. Hope this helps

Chris

Thank!
i checked COS / COR but there is not wrong entry. I have also tried to set up an TAC (*87) in the trunk-group-form and activated Dial-Access. When i dial *87 i get dial tone, but i am not able to make an outside call.
At "List trace station 100" i get the following:

active station 100
dial *87
dial trunk-group 1
dial *87
seize trunk-group 1 member 1
idle trunk-group 1 member 1
denial event 1164: ISDN call reject CV/CID D1=0x66 D2=0xbd
idle station 100
TRACE COMPLETE station 100

It seems there is something wrong with the entry "denial event", but i dont know what this message means..

Rigobert

Hi,
You should better make ars or aar calls trougth this trunk and change call type in route-pattern to unrestricted or both-type.

Hi Dimas,
the same error occures, when i make call through ars. The route pattern is set up correctly and call-type is bothunr.
Perhaps i have only a little error in the configuration of the BRI TRUNK BOARD or the Trunk Group. Does anybody know the correct settings for Germany (EURO-ISDN BRI)

rigobert

Dis you set up a sig group for the bri?

Are the Spids loaded?

As far as i know, you must set up a signalling group only for PRI / DS1-connection. On a BRI-Board i am not able to set up such a group. What do you mean by SPID's ?

SPID= Service Profile IDentifier.

When you order an ISDN-BRI line from the local telco, they should give you a SPID associated w/ each B channel of the BRI.

Here is what the Avaya online expert says about SPID programming,...

How to program SPID (Service Profile Identifier).

All interface terminals used with the Lucent Technologies 5ESS switch or the Avaya DEFINITY Enterprise Communications Server must have a unique Service Profile Identifier (SPID) number recorded within the terminal. A SPID is not required when the terminal is used with the 5E4 switch. This number is entered into the terminal via the terminal's key pad. A terminal connected to the DEFINITY ECS typically uses the terminal's 4-digit extension number plus two additional digits as its SPID. These two additional digits range from 00 to 15 and represent the terminal identifiers A through P, respectively. A terminal connected to the 5ESS typically uses the terminals 10-digit telephone number as its SPID. The 5ESS switch calculates the SPID automatically upon completion of the service order input process. Obtain the SPID from the System Administrator.

! CAUTION:

The SPID number identifies your terminal to the network and should not be changed unless your System Administrator so indicates. Changing the value could result in loss of service. Use the following procedure to enter the Service Profile Identifier (SPID) in the terminal and key telephone.

Press the Shift/Select or Select button. Message lamp comes on.
Press the Mute button followed by key pad digits 'I' and 'D' ('4' and '3', respectively). The present value of the SPID is shown on the display.
Enter digits from the key pad for the new SPID number.
NOTE:

To erase a SPID, enter '*'.

To save a SPID, enter '#'.

Hi,
thank for your answers, but i have solve the problem myself! It was not a problem with the SPID, but with the INTERFACE on the first screen at BRI-TRUNK FORM. In Germany you shoul set it to USER / ETSI / TEI = 0 / N / Y / Y / Y. The second page should not be changed from default. So it works fine !!
rigobert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back