Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there any mechanism to force firmware onto an Avaya 1608 which is in a reboot loop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkellow

Technical User
Oct 4, 2010
GB
Hi,

having done a MUTE+CRAFT+CLEAR, I'm not sure how or why however there is no option to configure the phone after the phone restarted.
It's stuck in
1) Boot ha1616ua1_343A.bin...... followed by
2) Restarting followed by
3) Go back to 1.

There's no option to * and change the configuration, and any MUTE + CRAFT + <command such as ADDR#> is ignored.

Is there any mechanism to force firmware onto an Avaya 1608 which is in a reboot loop, or any other options to recover the phone?

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards Paul

What else is displayed on the screen. It probably wants some files and isn't getting those files for some reason.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Nada, it's just rebooting. There's no indication on the phone display that it's tryng to load any other files such as 16xxupgrade.txt or 46xxsettings.txt. Wierd. Is the phone toast or there any option to force firmware onto the phone / repair it?

Thanks.

regards
Paul

I'd say it's toast.....I imagine someone unplugged it at the very time it says "Do Not Unplug" on the screen :)

duh...slap head... I missed the 1608 part. Yes, possible borked phone.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Hi

thanks for the feedback. No one disconnected it during a firmware change. It was 1.343A. Not sure why it's gone faulty, however thanks for confirming it's toast and there isn't a method of forcing the firmware on in this condition.

Regards
Paul

Hi,
Me too experiencing similar problem with my Avaya 1616-1 desktop phones.
It’s just restarting after the screen Boot ha1616ua1_343A.bin.
This problem started with 2 of my phones but yesterday after my POE switch was restarted this problem has happened in another 5 phones.
Please help to resolve this issue.

Read the above reactions, AND start a new thread as hijacking this thread is not done...

Has anyone figured out this one?. I have the same problem with 2 1616I.They worked fine for 5 months, then they get stuck between restarting and Boot ha1616ua1_343A.bin.

Hi, sorry omer99, doesn't look good for the phones.

In conclusion if avaya los power or lost the server most of the phone get toast, in my experience this is the worst system that I work with, also they say that have a good hardware and all of us know that isn't true, I'm so dissapointed an expensive system with bad support and hardware.

PD: I lost 7 phones in a night.

Greetings.

This is because of two things:

1 they are very cheap and crappy phones.
2 they should not downgrade when they are on a certain firmware version.

We hardly sell these phones and always go for the 95xx or 96xx phones.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

we had the same thing with 1608's following nearby lightening. I think the system must have reset, and at some point during the phones booting up another flash of lightening must have happened. We couldn't get them back, and had to send them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back