Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is there any apps for IPO that have click2call

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefwong

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2006
US
Been looking -googling around. The ONLY thing I can see is the Citrix app but it's not for the IPO platform and I'm sure it's $$$$$$$

i'm unsure if i understand your question correctly but it sounds like you just want a CTI application to be able to call someone by typing the numer into your PC or clicking on an outlook contact? If so then get Phone manager lite and the TAPI interface which is free from Avaya on the user software download, just remember to make sure the version you get is compatable with the level of software your IPO is at. If you actually want a softphone i.e a phone that is used remotely off site as a desktop IP Phone then contact a supplier. This may require hardware changes, licencing and network suitability tests by a qualified engineer.

Graham

Actually it's more of a applet that allows you to click on *any phone number* that it sees in a email signature, webpage, etc and it would call it via the handset ?

My blackberry has this *feature*. It's pretty slick in that if I am reading and email, and there is a phone number in the email, the unit will automatically highlight it and I just *click the button* to call that #.

Citrix has this app for both the Nortel and Avaya system, but it appears that it's not for the IPO Platform.

There is an application called Workman Agent developed in Sweden that allows you to select text and press a hot-key to dial that phone number.

You can't just click on any number though.

Without testing i'm unsure but i thought the phone manager with the TAPI interface could do this if you're using MS Outlook and some others i.e lotus notes?? I know you can call a contact and it automatically dials from your handset but being able to randomly select a number in a web page etc is not something i've tried.
I now know what you mean though as i used to have a blackberry too back in England with this feature.

I'll keep an eye on this one, i'm interested too!

Graham

I've seen this feature on Broadsoft switch hosted solutions. It really is quite cool.

Since the TAPI driver uses the Windows dialer when it does calling from Outlook, in theory any click2call app that works with the Windows dialer should work on the IPO. That's not really an answer but it should help in your search. I'll start looking when I have time later today. That would be an awesome addition to the IPO toolbox.

MultiTech offers a click-to-talk solution called TalkAnytime. It's a web-based device that allows you to link your website to your IP Office and gives customers the ability to click a link on your website to dial an extension in your office.

Pretty cool and not too expensive ~ $1600.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back