Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

is it true about testking? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

UKHicks

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2004
US
That they supply real questions and answers? Or are the legitimate like Transcender.com? I'm taking my 70-292 tomorrow and dont want to buy a shady practise test.

thanks!

actually, the consensus seems to be they supply older questions with wrong answers...

Transcender is a good tool for measuring whether you actually know the materials; must be supplemented with actual hands-on... just trust me on this one... no books, tests, or cheater guides are enough to pass if you haven't worked with it... the pools of questions are in the thousands now...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel
"A knight without armour in a [cyber] land."

Even if you do manage to cheat successfully - your current or future employers will know that you do not know your stuff.

When I say you, I do not mean YOU ;)

Nzarth

MCSA/MCSE (W2K), CCA

Working on CCNA

Well i passed my test with a score of 850, i eventually went with transcenders.com. I was looking for a different testing site as thier prices have recently gone up it seems...

Congratulations!!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

thanks mate! now i'm studying for the 70-296, luckily i have heard a few people say its actually easier than 292.

don't count your chickens, as they say... but if you've passed the first, you at least a test ahead of me... any pointers past the transcender that helped?

Reason being, I am blessed with the opportunity to help arrange the team's W2K3 training and need an idea or three about what works best for others...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

Just make sure that your ahead with your IIS knowledge, thats something the exam hit me hard with. Also there were a bunch of DNS questions regarding stub zones and forwarding. Other than that, just try to get back into that 'Microsoft is NOT going to trick me with its confusing grammer' mode.

Thanks!!

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

testking is my favorite. their tests are very similar. there is a learning mode where it tells you why answers are wrong or right. if you still have questions, there is a 24/7 chat tool where you can ask questions, right there in the middle of the test, to an online helper who can give you help. by far the best i have seen.

Check out my faq
faq468-4224
How to pass an MS test on the first try.

Glen A. Johnson
If you're from Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin feel free to join the Tek-Tips in Chicago, Illinois Forum.

TTinChicago
Johnson Computers

Just found out recently that there are two testking sites. one .org and one .com I had a two folks in my class each by one from each place. They found that the .org one had older questions and seemed a bit outdated, but that the .com site had updated tests. Good, sounds questions and answers relative to the tests as they stand now.

Just an fyi.

Dave Presley
Network & Systems Administrator
Premier, Air Academy & Thomas Jefferson High Schools
dpresley@qwest.net

MCP

Granted each of us has different study habits; but buying copies of the actual test to study from doesn't go over well anywhere...

It's called cheating if you do that in school.

It took me a year, but I passed my MCSE 2000 while working full time, taking care of my family and house, and doing everything "hands on" on three "obsolete" PCs (P166MHz, P200MMX, Celeron 1.3GHz), some eval software, and the first edition study books (most bought for under $5 each). Off Ebay, something like that might cost $500.00 total (books, software, PCs)...

You younger, smarter types could probably do it in 3-4 months. And without the braindumps, you'd actually be a joy to work with instead of someone who won't make it through the first 90 days...

I'll be selling some of it on Ebay in the near future...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

Hi folks

I am using testking 70-292 v.22.1 -- bought it from testking.com .. it has 226 Q 223 A -- 3 missing. soon i will take take the test

keep u informed.

ciao

Win2kroot: if you plan to cheat your way to MCSA or MCSE, why tell people? Do you really think it makes you look good? Or smart?

Or are you a shill for the dumpers? Do you get paid for selling your reputation down the river?

What happened to Self-respect, Honesty, Integrity, and Truth? Using braindumps is kinda like eating the initials... it's embarrassing if someone sees you and it's not very nutritious to your career... No one wants to be near you since you won't be around long (most corporations have an employee code of conduct that addresses unprofessional behaviour like that)...

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

JTB:

I have been working with Windows since NT 4. Working experience? Yep. I have studied the Syngress 70-292. Did the labs etc.. Bought testking 70-292. yep. Why?:

M$ exams are expensive. Comptia even more (but those are easier). My company (like many others ) wont pay for study nor for the exams. Ok. they only paid me once for the 70-216 because they where interested in contracting me and mcse 2000 was a must. mcse 2000 got it now since last year. Only used (mcse 2000 are 7 exams) testking for the 70-216 (and also Training Kit 2? edit. 70-216)Just dont getting a job, and having experience, with that paper ??

Some folks criticize mcse dumps bla bla . How cares. Study and work. They will get kicked their but and you will stay.

Its all about money and jobs. Stay behind? no way. Mcse sheeters are everywhere, but they will come down and their asses will be get kicked when they are hired and dont get the job done.

Now doing the upgrade to windows 2003 mcse. Prove your skills, work hard, show that you are interested, find solutions etc...

And do some Linux/Unix you never know

Ciao.

Touche'...

Okay, not everyone pays for the exams... but you'll still be better off buying a Pentium II off Ebay and practicing with eval software than trusting Testking

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

cheating because you're taking practice tests..? no way. we study and take tests to pass and get certified. we dont take exams to become better.

what are you going to do, tell your interviewer, "yeah, i'm certified and i did it without taking practice tests".

think he/she will believe you. think they'll care..? NO.

experience and knowledge are key over everything else. taking practice tests to pass exams..smart!

test king offers 2 modes, cert mode and learning mode. learning mode 'teaches' you why the three answers were wrong and why the one answer was right. this is by far the best tool you can have (and a simulator too, or is that also cheating?).

The thing with Test King is it is (or certainly was) based on brain dumps of real exams and not simulated questions that Transcender or Self-Test use. If you have a good memory you can just learn the questions/answers without having a clue what they mean and pass. With Transcender/Self-Test you get used to the format of the questions and might get a few similar questions in the real exam but you won't pass if all you do is memorise the question/answer set.

It doesn't really bother me too much personally, I think with the 2003 exams you'd have a much harder time brain-dumping. It certainly did devalue the 2000 MCSE a couple of years back though which is why the people that passed through study and understanding were justifiably angry at the brain-dumped certs. At least employers seem to have gotten wiser these days to.

How many *actual* test questions does one need to see before they are cheating? If one buys *actual* test questions, are they cheating? Is this the same as a college student buying an essay instead of writing it? Why or why not?

I mean, really, it's no skin off my nose if anyone uses Testking. But that might not be the way for "smart money"...

A brand new Dell P4 with enough memory (about 1GB) to run 2 or three systems (XP Pro and Server 2003) VMware or MS Virtual PC and the eval software you need is about $500-600. Alternately, you could get a few 300MHz+ Pentium II or III systems with 128-256MB, a small hub or switch, and the necessary cables, and set up your own network...

IMHO, it's actually easier to *learn* the materials through hands-on practice than try to memorize enough questions and answers. YMMV; but my job often requires me to work with other certified people, often in high-intensity, customer-facing situations. We don't have the luxury of learning on the job *after* getting certified because my employer charges our customers to provide appropriately certified people and we could end up losing a lot of money (and quite possibly our jobs) if we show up without a clue...

As for interviews, no I've never heard of an interviewer asking about braindumps; but during the technical phase of the interview, if the candidate just used braindumps, it'll show... trust me... ;-)

JTB
Have Certs, Will Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back