Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to filter by incoming caller ID???

Status
Not open for further replies.

1QuickQuestion

Technical User
May 25, 2012
US
We are wanting to know if it is possible if our phone system IP Office 500 (I believe that's our system), I use IP Office 6.1 Manager.

Anyways, is it possible when a certain call comes in if we can forward it to a particular line/extension/huntgroup?

Thanks. I know it's real broad of a question but it was just an idea to fix prevent a call from flooding our system.

Simple answer is yes you can route calls by the caller id being sent to the IP Office

I like simple.

How do we configure IP Office to route calls by caller ID?

go to incoming call routes then press the F1 key for help

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Any good IP office engineer will tell you that the help files are invaluable.
I would bet that all of the MVP's (on the right) for this forum use then regularly.
I certainly do.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I keep forgetting to use the help. Every time I have an idea, I'll google it but then can't find an answer I'll email support and they tell me F1, but I always forget to check the Help.

I think I found it. Incoming CLI??

As I am reading and looking further into it, I'm not sure if this is correct.
Currently we have incoming call routes set up but only when a certain numbered is dialed to go to a specific destination. But we want to be able to route a call based on the caller's phone number to a specific destination. Is this possible?

UPDATE:
I just did a few tests and I think I figured it out. I still need to put an incoming number that the caller dialed. Then I enter a phone number in Incoming CLI and if it matches the call gets diverted somewhere else. I also made this a higher priority than the "regular" incoming call number so it takes precedence.

If you put a * in as incoming number and enter the CLI you want to route it will always match no matter what DDI/DID number they dialled :)

F1 is for girls. :)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Indeed, break the thing and then fix it.
Then you will be a hero :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

F1 is preserved for the intelectuals who can read AND understand, I use it a lot.....:)-

A simple mind delivers great solutions

And still you don't get it [wink]

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Who do you turn to if you can't get it to work?[banghead]

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I got everything to work. Thanks guys. You guys are way better than F1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back