Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is it possible to apply user licenses across SCN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmpotu

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2013
US
We have 100 power user licenses on our main console that has 5 modules. We have 0 power user licenses on our secondary console which has 2 modules. Out of our 100 power user licences only 8 are being used but we have need of a couple of licenses on the secondary console for some users. Our two consoles are connected through SCN.

Here is a picture of our licenses on each unit and the incoming call route on the secondary unit.
Basically all calls come into the main and then are redirected to the secondary if the extension matches.

I'm a pretty novice user of our phone system so I may need a little bit more explanation than most on this site. The main question though is whether or not there is a way to get some licenses on the second unit.

I notice they are setup in groups of 20 and each has it's own 25 digit licences key. I'm curious if I can just delete the license for one block of 20 power user licenses from the main and create a new license on the secondary console using the same key to move 20 licences over to that other system.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=26457fa8-4753-4d1d-b67f-b85b8d99ad44&file=SCN.jpg
No, you will either need to buy more licences, or do a split licence swap which will mean a new SD card for the site with all the licences :)

You can do a swap of licences, but this involves sending the original feature key back to Avaya.

As you have an SCN the simplest solution here would be to recreate the users that need the licences on the main system and then ensure their user rights are setup correctly on the second system so that when they login at the second system they can still make calls as though they were configured on the secondary system.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77 said:
You can do a swap of licences, but this involves sending the original feature key back to Avaya.

As you have an SCN the simplest solution here would be to recreate the users that need the licences on the main system and then ensure their user rights are setup correctly on the second system so that when they login at the second system they can still make calls as though they were configured on the secondary system.
| ACSS SME |

I didn't even know this was possible. Usually in the past I have just moved the user to the 1st system and left it at that.
Out main system is for the Church as a whole and the secondary system is for the School which is part of the Church organization both in the same building though. Our modules that I refer to are the connections to our digital and analog lines. Church has 4 Digital and 1 analogue module with about 25 ports on each. School has 2 digital modules with about 25 ports. Then the system console have a few digital and analog ports on them. The user in question from the school is on a digital line so in order for me to move him over to the Church system I will need to change the punch down of the wiring from the system to his desk which is not very difficult but somewhat time consuming. I was hoping to find a solution to move over some of the licenses to the School system so I could assign them as needed. This split license swap sounds like the best solution for sure. AT&T handles our Avaya support so would I just contact AT&T about the license swap and getting a new SD card for the Church System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back