Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Is CDR Output avaiable in Ver 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

elly10

Vendor
Nov 15, 2008
GB
Hi

Have a customer running Ver 5.0 (15) with delta sever, the data is outputting to com port 1 to the hotel management's pc software. However there is far to much data for their software to cope with. Is there a way of outputing a standard 80 character string ie something like date, extn, number called etc. or know of any 3rd party software that could covert the data.

Hi

I can't downgrade, because customer is using VM Pro for remote room wake up alarms, this only works on 5.0+ systems.

The WINNT folder is just the OS default operating system folder stored in a system environment variable called %SYSTEM%
For XP that is "C:\Windows", for NT it is "C\WINNT" etc.

The WINNT folder is just the OS default operating system folder stored in a system environment variable called %SYSTEM%
For XP that is "C:\Windows", for NT it is "C\WINNT" etc.

And the prize for the most obscure answer goes to....

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I think that answer was for another thread :)

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I think that answer was for another thread

I'd sort of realised that...

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

elly10,
I presume the output you are referring to is the 'raw' smdr (cdr) data from the switch. The output is pretty standard regardless of the switch, ie: Definity, IP Office, Merlin or Partner; Avaya, Nortel, and so on. Yes, this will eventually overwhelm any computer, as it will just append it's file until you run out of allocated disc space. There are several 3rd party software products, such as Metropolis or TAPIT, that take the raw data and allow you to 'massage' it into 'reports' to meet your needs, archive data, delete data after a period of time, etc. There have been several informative threads on here as to different products that people use along with their pro's and con's.

Good luck in the hunt.

franke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back