Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOSE 11.1.1.1 - SSH disabled by default? How to get it on? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbozttu

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2015
US
I just spun up a new (replacement, long story) VM for my primary IPOSE server.

I've got everything done but I need to connect over SSH to it. I cannot. It's not listening on 22 at all. Even locally on the console ssh Administrator@localhost fails.

How do I turn this on? I've combed over everything in 7071 and 7070 to no avail. :(

Thank you all in advance for any help

Give this a read. If I understand what your problem is, if it is a connection problem or a login problem. This is for a login issue.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Thank you both… it’s not either of those things, but I made some progress.

I downloaded the vhdx from avaya and followed instructions strictly. For some reason I have a corrupted sshd_config file out of the box. It’s filled with garbled crap when I look at it and sshd won’t start because of config file line 1.

Because I can’t connect in and transfer the file I am about to create it from scratch on the console using vi. Good times. I will post back if I verify it works

It worked. sshd_config was corrupt file, easy to see from console

Deleted and recreated clean version, restart server.. works

Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back