Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPOffice 5.0.18 w/ IPO 400 DS 16 Module 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pronei

Vendor
Mar 11, 2008
US
Using:
R6 Manager
IP 500 Control Unit 5.0.18
IP 400 DS Expansion 5.2.53
5410 & 5420 Phones

Problem: Phones will not work on Expansion Module, stuck on Please Wait.

I've not tried this exact config before, although all the docs say it should work. What am I missing?

Yes, upgrade all to the same version....in your case your 400 DS 5.2.53 translates to 3.2.53, upgrade w/ 5.0.18 Mngr will then show 7.0.18

MW2 needs new Maps....ASAP

Do not forget to use the 3.2.999 first before going to 5.0.18 !!!

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

And as you go past 3.2.55, the DS phone firmware needs to upgrade too

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Should'nt need to point at 3.2.999 for just a module at 3.2.53.... BD diff. story....needs to realocate memory on proc.

3.2.999 for just a module at 3.2.53"

modules should ALWAYS go through the 3.2(999) loader. loads of issues if not. mostly dtmf related i found.

ACSS-SME
Get well soon Aaron.

I just benched an older 3.2 mod and pointed the dir to 3.2.999... went to upgrade and does'nt even give a tick box to upgrade to 3.2.999....just upgraded right to 4.2 or 6.2 I should say....

When I switched to the 3.2(999) dir and tried to run upgrade again, my modules are grey'd out, it won't let me check the box.

Do I need something else other than nadcpv2.bin in the 3.2(999) directory?

IP 400 DS Expansion 5.2.53

Guy come on!!!

I asumed it is a DS16V2 but if it is a V1 then you do not need to do it but if it is then you will have problems with your DS phones!!!!

upgrading the Ds16 to 3.2.999 is essential if you do not want to have reliability issues

there is a bit of a hickup in the manager app & to get this to work when connected to a 406V2 you need to copy the ip406u.bin file into the bin directory for it to be recognised.
this is documented in one of the release notes but easily missed.

It was certainly the situation with V4.0 & only affected expansion units connected to ip406v2 control units.

no problem when connected to ip500 or IP416 control units

I can imaging that it does not work on an IP416 :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back