Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO500/Embedded VM: Getting Visual Voice to prompt for password

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjt20one

Technical User
Oct 31, 2008
US
Just installed an IP Office 500 with Embedded VM and I cannot get the Visual Voice to prompt the user for a password. Here's the pertinent info...

- Phones: 4610 (H323 exts)

- System > "Message button goes to Visual Voice" is checked.

- Voicemail tab under each User has a voicemail code

- Each User's Source Number tab has a "Vxx" (eg: V10 for ext 10) entry. I read that having this entry causes a "trusted source" problem but I removed this entry for testing purposes and still was not prompted for a password.

I also tried using the default short code of *17 to access the VM and I'm not prompted for a password there either.

At other locations I have gotten this to work and I have looked at everything relevant setting I can imagine in those configs and mirrored as much as I can to the IP Office in question but still no luck.

Any ideas? Thanks!

In my experience, the determining factor here is if the specific extension has a "Vxx" Source Number specified. If it does, then they will NOT need to enter their access code.

Provided that you removed the source number and specified a Voicemail code under the Voicemail tab, it should be prompting you.

You will not be prompted for a password until one is set. You can do that in Visual Voice by pressing the button next to password or through the prompts by:

1.Log in to your mailbox.
· If your mailbox already has an access code set, you will be prompted to enter it. Enter your access code.
2.Press *04 to change your access code.
3.Enter your current access code and press #. If you have no current access code just press #.
4.Enter your new access code followed by #.
5.Re-enter your new access code followed by #.The access code will now be changed.

^ When I log in and press *04 I get "no operator defined".

I removed the source number again just to test and still no password prompt. This is frustrating!

Just put it in with manager and try again.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back