Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO11+VMP Autoattendant drops outside call on transfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julian Daniel

IS-IT--Management
Jul 15, 2023
CA
Running IP Office 11.0.4.2.0 build 58 and VoiceMail Pro Client 11.0.4.2.0 build 1 (Intuity).

My autoattendant successfully answers all calls from external callers and by dialing a shortcode (*876 in this case).

The autoattendant will successfully dial an extension (which rings), but with both Transfer and Assisted Transfer, if the extension doesn't answer then the call is just dropped...however if the originating caller is internal (ie *876 or an extension forwarding to *876) and there's no answer then the call goes to voicemail.

Logs just show the SIP call is cleared:

12:48:08 87615814mS CMExtnRxC: v=6806
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=NoLine 0 Call: lid=0 id=1374 in=0
IE CMIERespondingPartyName (228)(Type=CMNameInternalUser) name=Julian Daniel
IE CMIERespondingPartyKName (229)(Type=CMNameDefault) name=Julian Daniel
IE CMIERespondingPartyNumber (230)(P:100 S:100 T:101 N:100 R:4) number=6806
IE CMIEDeviceDetail (231) c0a883640000055e LOCALE=enu HW=15 VER=11 class=CMDeviceGhostPhone type=56 number=1 channel=0 features=0x10000000 rx_gain=32 tx_gain=32
ep_callid=1374 ipaddr=[IPO IP] apps=0 loc=0 em_a_loc=0 em_d_loc=0 features2=0x0 is_spcall=0 ignores_dtmf=0
avgsid=<>
Cause=21, Call rejected
12:48:08 87615814mS CMCallEvt: c0a883640000055e 0.1374.0 95 Julian Daniel.0: StateChange: END=T CMCSRinging->CMCSCompleted
12:48:08 87615815mS CMExtnEvt: v=-1 State, new=PortRecoverDelay old=Ringing,0,0,Julian Daniel
12:48:08 87615815mS CMExtnEvt: Julian Daniel: CALL LOST (CMCauseCallRejected)
12:48:08 87615815mS CMExtnEvt: Julian Daniel: Extn(6806) Calling Party Number([redacted]) Type(CMNTypeUnknown)
12:48:08 87615816mS CMExtnEvt: Julian Daniel: CMExtnHandler::SetCurrent( id: 1374->0 )
12:48:08 87615816mS CMCallEvt: c0a883640000055e 0.1374.0 -1 Julian Daniel.-1: StateChange: END=X CMCSCompleted->CMCSDelete
12:48:08 87615817mS Sip: SIPDialog f173e900 created, dialogs 81 txn_keys 2 video 1 presentation 1 camera 1 unsupp audio 0
12:48:08 87615817mS Sip: SipTCPUser 82 has 3 dialogs open (AttachDialogToSipTCPUser)
12:48:08 87615817mS Sip: SipTCPUser 82 has 4 dialogs open (AttachDialogToSipTCPUser)
12:48:08 87615819mS SIP Tx: TCP [IPO IP]:5060 -> [extension IP]:4635
NOTIFY sip:6806@[IPO IP];transport=tcp;avaya-sc-enabled SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP [IPO IP]:5060;rport;branch=z9hG4bK4250618b5b86fcfa3727312cf88a9057
To: <sip:6806@[IPO IP];transport=tcp;avaya-sc-enabled>
Call-ID: a9604a97e3fe9fd97f578a99e3082f73
CSeq: 1724578112 NOTIFY
Supported: 100rel
Max-Forwards: 70
Event: screen-update
Subscription-State: active
Content-Type: application/xml
Content-Length: 147

My incoming call route is sent to VM:MainAA. I tried both Transfer and Assisted Transfer to $CP0. If I just go directly to Leave Mail, then that works...but dial and wait three rings and you get dropped if you're external but reach voicemail if you're internal.

Why would internal calls made to *876 work fine, but external calls can successfully navigate, dial and call an extension, but get dropped if there's no answer?

Screenshot_2023-07-15_at_15.28.20_acfqtr.png

Is there some sort of global Voicemail Pro setting I’m missing? If I dial 250-555-1212 (external direct to extension 1212), then I get my voicemail greeting. Ditto for internal.

No extensions I dial via the autoattendant will play their greeting.

My advice is to copy your AA to another Module so as you can test.

I always set up a short code to test the module first.
Then add the line to test after.

Use a short code to dial the module..does that work
Use a ddi number to call the module directly.does that work.
Break the test module by moving the link to the last point.
Start - leave message..which you said works I think
Does that work when you ring in.
If not then the leave message may be your problem.
If it does then start working backwards adding links in
And see where it stops.

Hint : from your start point add a simple menu with dial extn number and link to a transfer point
see if that works..

If it does then you have proved your ddi can get answered and can dial the extn user..
Then replace with your assisted transfer and test again.
If this doesn’t work then you have found your issue..

Just keep working back wards adding your new links in to your proven ones

Hint : when I have problems like this I add a message in each link so as I know when I have reached it

Menu..say menu 1
Transfer. : say transfer point.

This way you can hear what section you are at…
You can also set it up to play back the digits dialled so as you prove what’s being dialled

Don’t for get to save and make live as you move along.
It can be easily forgotten when testing.

Thank you for the suggestions.
[ul]
[li]Short Code *876 dials MainAA[/li]
[li]DID forwards to MainAA[/li]
[li]Everything works in MainAA - all announcements and navigation - whether calling from external or internal.[/li]
[li]The only thing that DOESN'T work with external callers is the recipient's greeting - using direct transfer or assisted transfer. The transfer happens, and the phone rings on both ends, but if no one answers, then it goes to voicemail..except for external callers, there's no greeting - only dead air (which is the voicemail message being recorded). If the caller hangs up within a few seconds, then nothing happens, but if the caller sits on the line swearing about our stupid autoattendant, then their voice is recorded and eventually emailed to the recipient.[/li]
[li]Internal callers dialing MainAA's shortcode DO get the voicemail greeting - only external callers get dead air[/li]
[/ul]

Employees have their greeting set for ALL callers (not just internal), and if I direct dial a DID from outside (bypassing MainAA) and reach voicemail, then the greeting plays as it should.

Ok then…
Is it the same mailbox..
Maybe you have some where in the assisted transfer the wrong mailbox has been assigned.

Supply screen shots of what setting you have used within all the actions..
Not the overall setup as you have already shown that.

Did you try using a menu to dial the extn number 2?? Then to leave message

In assisted transfer you can send the No Answer to somewhere different before it gets to the leave action..

As I said set up prompts in each action so as you know you have reach the desired location.
Prompts relating to the action so as you know you were you are in the sequence.

As I have said do a basic set up to prove your DDI line can get to the leave mailbox using a Menu function first to prove the mail box announcement can work ..

That’s all in the voicemail pro tutorials……… 🤷

OK, this has gotten more interesting...or weird!

My SIP provider is Telus, here in Canada. My cell phone (which I've been using for testing) is with Rogers (a competing provider).

If I dial my main phone number and reach the autoattendant using a Telus cell phone, I hear my voicemail greeting (same as dialing *876 shortcode internally):
[ol 1]
[li]Dial 250-555-1212[/li]
[li]Call answers and MainAA autoattendant plays "Welcome to _____, if you know your party's extension..."[/li]
[li]I dial an extension[/li]
[li]The extension rings 3 times[/li]
[li]Voicemail greeting should play[/li]
[li]Caller leaves message[/li]
[li]Message is emailed to me[/li]
[/ol]
With an internal call to the shortcode (*876) or an incoming call from an external Telus caller, the greeting (step 5 above) plays normally.

With a Rogers cell phone or Google Voice caller, step 5 is just dead air.

Also interesting: if I play a recording of counting 1 to 100, the caller's voicemail message always starts at ~70 ("...70, 71, 72...") if I start the numbers when I dial the extension (includes 3 rings, greeting (or not), and letting the numbers go to 100). This means that the greeting is actually playing - I just can't hear it - because the voicemail message I receive via email is the same whether I call *876, call from a Telus cell, or call from a Rogers cell or Google Voice.

I tried 2 Telus cell numbers (both successful), and 8 different Rogers cell phones (including phones not owned by the company - none play the greeting), plus my Google Voice number (no greeting). And yes, I tried this multiple times.

Any ideas? If this were something to do with misconfigured UDP ports, it wouldn't be consistent - it would sometimes work on Rogers and sometimes fail on Telus. It works 100% on Telus and 0% on Rogers and Google Voice in my testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back