Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO with Nortel phones and ICLID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
500v2 on 7.0.5

Using SIP trunks, but heard this is happening on PRI as well.

ICLID comes in fine on Avaya sets, shows number while ringing. While ringing, the Nortel sets (T7416E and T7406E) show "External".
If the Nortel sets answer it, they see the CID after going offhook...not while ringing.

Anyone have this? Know a fix?

I have a case pending with Avaya on this. I am using analog trunks with the same issue. The displays on the Nortel phones are 2 line. This does not allow the name and number to be shown at the same time. The name should show instead of External but it is not. When you answer the call the number shows.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

This is the case on PRI, BRI and Analogue. It seem to be the Nortel displays the second part of the message similar to small Avaya handsets real bummer. I tried the feature to swap the Name and number but not support on Avaya IPO.

Have you had any luck with Avaya Digitel to even except this is an issue and will be resolved.

Thanks,
Colin

I have a 7.0.12 with PRI and Norstar phones(mix of 7208, 7324 & 7316E) - caller ID works fine - both with hunt groups and DID calls.
Mike

Avaya is still investigating. I hope there is a resolution because customers will not like this.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

Avaya SR #1-1675422290

NCSS, ATSP/IP

Running 7.0(12) with 7316e and I have the same problem. Also same problem on 9504s. 9508s work perfectly. It's a two line display issue.

Sorry to get this old thread back on the table, but I have the same issue and found that the problem only occurs when there is no name sent from the line provider and as soon as you pick up the call the bottom line (showing VM and Ignore while the call rings) disappears and you have the number coming up.
Is there a private built from Avaya to switch name and number on the display or is it just one of those "live with it" things?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Here is what Avaya said about the issue.

"There is always a checksum provided so when the receiving equipment gets the data is verifies the checksum it creates with the checksum provided and if they match then the data is valid if it doesn't match then the data should be ignored
For example: I had a device from AT&T called a UVerse it took IP in and analog out kind of like fios and they were sending the fsk sig to us but they weren't sending a checksum down with the info so depending on if the bits matched up in a certain way we would see caller id and sometimes not.
Once AT&T resolved the check sum issue on their side we had 100% success."

More people need to open a ticket with Avaya and try to force them to find a solution. I can tell you that carriers around here will not be very cooperative to try to fix it on their end. It is a fight for them to fix all the normal trouble they have.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

thanks DigitelD
I am on PRI lines so I think my line provider will not make those changes (or be able to) so I might have to open a ticket with Avaya but I bet it is useless as they will just tell me to use "real" Avaya phones.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Joe, if they say that, ask them to order a new one....When it has the Avaya logo, tell them that is what you have, real Avaya phones.
:)

telecomtekperson
that has crossed my mind too ;-)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Most will not have the Avaya logo on them. They will be pre-acquisition. However, when they bought Nortel they bought them. They need a fix for this. We were promised that we could install an IP Office and reuse the Nortel phones with some limitations. Caller ID was not supposed to be one.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

I am also having this issue, External shows until the line is picked up. T7316e phones and Pri. My phones say Avaya ,lol

Every partner that has this issue needs to open a ticket.

NCSS, ATSP/IP

Indeed, otherwise Avaya won't do a thing about it :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Apparently this fix is in the works , cq#124006.

Does this cq number make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back