Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO v9 stable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmessick

Programmer
Dec 19, 2002
US

typically we try and avoid the '0' releases until the bugs are out. We're on an early special release of v8 that I would like to get off of. Any one hear anything about 9.1. Has 9.0 been stable?

typically we try and avoid the '0' releases until the bugs are out

Funny guy :)
Every release has bugs.
The point is do you find them or can you live with some of them?
I find it stable enough.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Indeed, no point waiting for 9.1 because that will be a fresh feature release just as 9 was, it's the 9.0.x releases that are the bug fixes, so you are waiting for the wrong thing :)

??? 9.0 is stable and works well.
If you cannot make or receive calls then you have a totally different problem.

BAZINGA!

:) i am annoyed.
I am already waiting for 3 and a half hours for some port forwarding.

BAZINGA!

To the current group of Avaya IP Office R9 developers/programmers/engineers/product managers: did you know Walmart is hiring here in the US?

I have a few 9.0 installs and did not found/encounterd any problem which justified a downgrade to 8.1 so in my opinion : yes 9.0 is stable an solid.

Upgraded 4 diffrent Sites havnt had a problem now for almost a month but having issues when upgrading UCM Module it jus times out and wont upgrade

I was a little tired last night when I made the snide remarks - sorry. The system works better after a good night's sleep.

The only issue I have had on the last two 9.0 installs is a "phantom" call park light on just one or two extensions that won't turn off until a new call is parked and unparked on that button. But I had this happen on 8.1 (69) as well so it's not a big deal (14xx and 9611g phone sets--copper, SIP and PRI lines).

Everything else has been good so far!

Has anyone tried naming an auto attendant in embedded as "Day" or "DAY". Will not work need to use "day".

I always use "Working hours" and not day because a day is 24 hours....

Indeed, avoid these names as the IPO does not like duplicate names normally although this should not matter but it happens.
I had once a system where the name of a group was the same as for the IPO :)
DID calls to that group did not ring but internal worked fine.

BAZINGA!

I think you just have to go for it. Btw you will be waiting a long time for 9.1 because there is a 9.0 feature pac first.

Oh yes there is a bug auto aa called DAYAA fails on embeded card. Try it no joke.

[cheers]

Avaya9 Read teh instructions for upgrading a UCM to V9 very carefully.

the process has changed & you need to move a couple of files on the USB stick afterwards.
it caught me out for a couple of days in the lab.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks for the "day" name tip - had me scratching my head - now working [smile] -
I wonder if DayAA will work again in 9.0.xxx?

By the way I'm in Sydney Australia , so I guess its a global bug?

I managed to brick a UCM trying to upgrade from 8.1 to 9 even following the instructions to the letter. As it was less than 90 days I managed to get it RMA'd and got a new one which was 8.0.something and that went to 9 perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back