Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO to IPO PRI Config 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnutter1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2009
US
I am trying to configure a point to point PRI between two IPO's using a T1 Crossover cable. I am able to get the link up and I have light on both ports. The manager shows the channels are up.

I started to configure inter-pbx 4 digit dialing but I am stuck. When I dial an extension on the other IPO i get a busy signal. This is what I did so far:

1. Configured the PRI's one IPO as CO and the other as CPE
2. Configured 4 channels on each PBX as line group 1
3. Configured a short code of 8N to dial that line group.
(I would like to dial the extension without the "8")
4. Configured ARS to dial the other PBX
5. Configured an incoming route on each pbx for that line.

So far this is as far as i have gotten.

The line groups on each system must be unique, so make one of them 1 and the other 2.

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Sorry, is this purely an ISDN trink connection not a qsig link? If so unique line id's isn't neccessary :)

You have to have an incoming route on each system.. 101 stuff. You don't have some of it programmed.

You would be best served by running sysmon with isdn traces on to follow the call. Should be easy to determine the failure.

Its a T1 PRI.

Also i have an incoming route on each system for that line group, do i have to do it for each extension?

Yes, it's just an incoming call you need to tell it when say 2011 is dialled in on that line (Incoming number)that it needs to ring 2011 etc

You could create a single one, so if extns were 2000 - 2999 you could have Incoming number 2XXX destination . (dot)

ok,

So system one has extensions like this:

18xx and 15xx

System 2 has extensions like this:

10xx

So on system 2 i set a incoming route with number 10xx and destination "."

System 1 i set an incoming route with number 18xx destination "." and 15xx destination "."

Then i made a short code on system 1 and made it 10xx/Dial/18N

and the same vice versa on the other. Is that correct?

Should I post screen shots?

You need to use a # as destination

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Ok, that all worked great. Now what about passing caller ID name information between the two systems, the number passes without issue not it says External for the name.

behind the number in the shortcode put sE and you should ge the number information but never a name, except if you put them into your directory of the call receiving system. IPO doesn't send names out but will match caller ID with directory entries.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

I don't suffer from insanity
I enjoy every moment of it :)

Just a question, why not use SCN? Or are they not connected over LAN/VPN?

Avaya_Red.gif

If you set it to qsig then you will see names

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

On Qsig he will need a Voice Networking licenses, but only when he has a IP500.

Avaya_Red.gif

For SCN wouldnt I need a networking license? They essentially could connect over IP but i veered away from that because of the networking licenses.

What IPO do you have?
Just create an IP Line and some shortcodes and you're done.
You even might be able to 5.0 and then you don't need a licence even for Advanced SCN

Avaya_Red.gif

When I see the old threads of you then I think you have 2 IP500.

For 5.0(8)
IP500 Voice Networking Licenses
All voice networking functions are now covered under a single license: VoiceNetworking Add 4 channels (Multisite Option). With R5, there is no longer any need for the Voice Networking Start 4 license or the Advanced Networking License. The existing Voice Networking Add 4 license is used to turn on networking and controls the number of available channels and is required on each site. As per earlier releases, the use of private voice networking trunks between IP500 control units and other systems requires voice networking channel licenses within the IP500. This applies to H323 IP trunks configured on the IP500 including IP trunks being used for an IP Office Small Community Network (SCN). A voice networking license is also required for the use of trunks configured to for QSIG operation. On H323/SCN IP trunk, a license instance is consumed for each simultaneous outgoing call (incoming calls do NOT consume a license). On QSIG trunk, the number of calls is limited by the trunk channels rather than available networking licenses. IP500 Voice Networking (Additional Channels) License: IPO LIC IP500 VCE NTWKG ADD 4 LIC:CU (205650) This license enables 4 voice networking channels including the Advanced Networking features (distributed groups and hot-desking across Small Community Network). Additional licenses can be added to achieve the number of voice networking channels required.

Avaya_Red.gif

BTW tlpeter the . works as the destination, if he used # only the numbers recived as xx would be dialled not the preceeding 10 and 15 :)

As the docs show:
· A . matches the Incoming Number field. This can be used even when X wildcards are being used in the Incoming Number field.

· A # matches all X wildcards in the Incoming Number field. For example, if the Incoming Number was -91XXXXXXXXXXX, the Destination would be XXXXXXXXXXX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back