Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO SIP MOH 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDOIPO

Vendor
May 2, 2014
US
SIP trunks have been configured and working for some time. However, when users dial specific numbers, they hear their own MOH.
I have adjusted REFER settings to no avail and further can find no other documentation.
AT&T closed my ticket as fast as they could!
I don't doubt there is some obscure SIP message that needs to be tweaked, but can find no guidance. I'm turning to the forum for assistance.

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCENT

In 10.x there is a an option called “local hold music” within the SIP Trunk settings.

That's nice to know, but the system is on release 9

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

IIRC it has been introduced in R9.1. In earlier releases the option wasn't available to be set in IPO but enabled. Perhaps there is a NUSN to set that.

derfloh
what does NUSN mean (besides the googled findings Non-US NATO ?

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

thanks derfloh
now I can sleep better :)

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"

My turn, IIRC?
At the time of the original posting, I was unable to access the voicemail server we remote into. I am now back in it. They are in fact R9.1

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

Which version of V9.1 are you running?
IIRC there was a not about this in the release notes for a recent maintenance release of V9.1

upgrade to V9.1.12 before trying to diagnose further

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

If I Remember Correctly

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

IPGURU, They are on 9.1.8
I am scheduling the upgrade to 9.1.12 right now, and will report back once applied
Thank you. I don't know why I didn't think of upgrading to the latest and greatest sooner. Must be because I have about 4 other tough tickets I'm working and it's making it hard to think straight!

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

Monitor should show you if IPO plays it's own hold music.

IPGuru gets another star!
Upgraded to 9.1.12 last night. User reports a fraction of a second of MOH but then the call proceeds and connects!

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back