Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO Line Lock up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmitt2727

Vendor
Apr 13, 2005
US
I have a 9.1.5 IPO with combo cards that the trunks keep locking up one at a time until all 4 are busy. We tested the voltage on the POTS lines and all seems right there. Has anyone seen this and have any ideas where to look? I am going to swap out the combo card on the next visit and run the impedance test. They have line appearances(I know, bad line appearances). Any pointers would be great. running in essential mode.

Are you getting a reliable disconnect signal from the Central Office? If not, that can cause line to not disconnect and remain off hook/in use in the IPO.

I didn't check that myself, but I believe my tech that was did.

So I verified that we are getting a constant disconnect from the CO. The impedance test was run and implemented. I was able to re create the issue by calling in and letting VM answer and hanging up. I have never just hung up a call from a phone and had it hang, they say they believe this has happened, but no verification. When I traded out the combo card the failure stopped right away. Lasted from Thursday morning until Tuesday morning before the symptom returned. The only physical items to replace are the cabinet and the phones.

Should I recreate the AA if it is corrupt, or the whole config?

We reused the wiring from the partner system that was there before. Perhaps I should redo that in case it is some how a physical issue.

Any thoughts?

what is your disconnect clear setting currently at?

move it down to 300ms, will cause a reboot and then retest.

I am not sure yet. I has been 6 days with out a reported lock up. I am going to confirm with customer tomorrow. I will let you know.

Still having this issue. Replaced the combo card again and it was fixed for almost a week. Installed some voltage regulators from Sandman as well.

This is an office/ warehouse setup using SCN connections between the sites. The warehouse never locks up that we know of.

I haven't replaced the cabinet itself yet, although I can't see how that would be the issue.

I was wrong in my earlier posts. I don't believe line 4 ever locks up, as it is the fax line and not answered by the auto attendant. So perhaps it is a config issue.

This thing is driving me nuts.

Call waiting will wreak havoc on the IP office. Make sure this feature is off on the lines.

I have encountered this issue in regards to the PSN published by Avaya about "clicking" on lines. I have encountered clicking, static, and locking up of lines in relation to this PSN. Fairly often moving the combo cards to slots 3 and 4 fixes the issue. Replacing the combo card with another V2 combo card has almost never fixed the issue. We have had a few customer's try V1 combo cards/ATM4s and that has worked 100% of the time in regards to this.

We replaced the IP500V2 cabinet with a lower PCS release and that fixed the issue for us. The original 500V2 was PCS 19. We replaced it with a PCS 16. Same combo card V2 in the cabinet, same slot (1) and the issue went away by swapping the cabinet.

Telecomboy said:
We replaced the IP500V2 cabinet with a lower PCS release and that fixed the issue for us. The original 500V2 was PCS 19. We replaced it with a PCS 16. Same combo card V2 in the cabinet, same slot (1) and the issue went away by swapping the cabinet.

Ya it is the PSN about line "clicking" then. It says it is an issue with ATM4 V2 combo cards but only on Control units PCS 18 or higher. Using a lower PCS control unit is another work around.

This may be a silly question... but is the Busy Tone Detection turned on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back