Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 8.1.65 on 500V2 losses system programming changes - intermittent 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ack41

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2003
US
I've been fighting issues on a brand new system that I upgraded out of the box to 8.1.65 (basic) here in the shop. I've spent a week setting up all including buttons, etc, on 9508 phones. The system has also been losing programming changes and changing DSS key programming from AUTODIAL-ICM PAGE to AUTODIAL-ICM (Ring) intermittently. Web Admin is flaky in this regard and so is Manager. I've setup plenty of IPO's with both GUI's and never had this much trouble. I will try going to 8.1.57 and post results.

Sounds like a SD Card issue, I have not noticed such problems with 8.1.6x and I maintain a lot of them ( 50+)

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Use other SD with similar licence an try the config with this.

Try the old/problem SD with other unit/chassis.

Try to recreate the old SD, save the config and try again.

Regards!
Djmtrar

It is a basic/partner mode bug. Open a case with Avaya for a patch. With me, they denied the bug for a few days, saying it was resolved in (65). Finally they wrote the patch. The other option is downgrade to 8.1(43) and you're auto-intercom page will stay as programmed.

Ah, there should be a different tek-Tip Forum for it : "Avaya IP Office Muppet mode".

A simple mind delivers great solutions

Agreed Intrigrant!!!
djmtrar, I know its understood but it bugs me. I should have typed "your auto-intercom" and not "you're". P.S. I tried every release between 8.1(43) and 8.1(65). 8.1(43) is the only one that keeps the button correctly.

So , I loaded 8.1.57 (basic) and still have problems with the AUTODIAL-ICM PAGE buttons changing to AUTODIAL-ICM when the button is used once. I can duplicate the problem consistently: If I program a AUTODIAL-ICM PAGE button for any extension, when I use it, it works once and then changes itself to AUTODIAL-ICM (no page) for same extension and stays that way until I reprogram it again as an AUTODIAL-ICM PAGE button and it changes itself on first use again. If I program several AUTODIAL-ICM PAGE buttons they each change themselves to AUTODIAL-ICM when each button is used once. This is on 9508 phones and BM 12. This is also shown as a change if looking at the configuration in Manager or Web Admin. I do not have a 1408 or 1416 that I can try to see if the same thing happens on one of those. wspence thanks for your suggestion to try 8.1.43 but I can't find it anymore on the Avaya support site. I will see what Avaya says about this. wspence is there specific patch info that I can reference? Thanks

I do not have specific patch info. The problem is on 9508, 1416 and Partner 18D telephones if in Partner mode, exactly as you describe. Avaya, through my distributer, had me do a monitor trace when using the buttons. For the trace I programmed ext. 10 with a *11 button and ext.11 with a *10 button. I traced me pressing the button twice from ext.10 and then from 11. That was all they needed to write the patch for me. It took a few days and a few emails to convince them that the problem was still in 8.1(65).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back