Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 7.0(32) M7208 Sets Constant Ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

pccal

Technical User
Jan 10, 2008
CA
I have a customer who swapped out their BCM for an IPO & kept all of their M series as well as some new 7316E sets. They have 1 TCM8/PRI module, 2 TCM 8 modules as well as a digital 16 & 30 set module. They have had many issues with clicking on sets which seems to have been fixed in 7.0(27). Since I put in the 27 they have been complaining that the M series Norstar sets will start to continuously ring. The only way to stop the ring is to unplug the set & plug it back in. It is happening only on M series sets & is happening on all 5 set modules!!!!
I put in 7.0(32) & still have the ringing issue. Anybody have any ideas? I see that there is a newer version than 7.0(32) available but don't see the issue mentioned in the fixes.

I've had the same complaints with 14xx phones, installing the latest release and the latest firmware on the phones fixed it.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

check Norstar phone release; if you press Feature *7 and contrast only goes from 1 to 4 instead of 1 to 9, you have incompatible phones.

Other weird issue you'll have is sets putting themselves in DND at random.

I have three different IPOs with Nortel phones. They are all in version 7. They all have very very old Meridian/Norstar phones. One is 7.0 (05), the other in newer versions. Never had that problem (did have others!). Did you program call appearances in the phones? Are you using the "voice mail ringback" option?

pccal,

We still have this problem, were you able to resolve yours? If so, PLEASE tell me how. This is VERY annoying!!

Like posted above, make sure your M series phones are supported with F*7.

Also make sure you have the latest release 7.0(36)

yankblan,

Thanks, yes we checked all of our phones before we bought IPO.

got the same problem on one of my systems. Changed the phones, grounded the system , upgraded the system to the latest release of 7.0, still having the problem

Bit of a long shot, but in Manager, go to one of the user's that's having this issue, go to their button programming and make sure you haven't set line appearence to immediate ring

D3DUDE, Sorry I missed this post. I would not hold your breath on getting this fixed. Avaya just keeps pumping out new releases & I don't even think they support or care to support 7.0(36) which I am up to now. Their solution is to get customers to spend more money to upgrade to newer releases rather than fix the issue in this release. I work for a large phone company in Canada & as a result of the poor support that AVAYA provides I never recommend their product to any of my customers!!!!!

i have the same issue, system 7.036, m7208 phone release 16 and higher, continuous ring........very annoying need help avaya!!

if it ain't broke don't fix it!
ACIS IPO
APSS IPO
NCSS BCM50
NCTS

This is a known issue with the TCM8 Module - IPOFFICE-33128. At the moment there is no fix available, however, the engineering team have now reproduced it so hopefully a fix will be out shortly.

To stop the Terminal from ringing you can press FEATURE *6 and wait a few seconds the handset will stop ringing.

Currently this has only been reported/seen on the TCM8 module and not the DS16A/DS30A so if you have any sites experiencing this might be worth letting Avaya know.

IPOclueless, I have the trouble on both DS16A & 30A modules as well as the TCM8. We have reported this to AVAYA & are still waiting for a fix. Sounds to me that there are enough of us experiencing the trouble that AVAYA should be helping us out with a fix. Is there anybody here that actually works for AVAYA & can help out getting a fix for this? My customers are just living with it but it does get a little embarrassing having to to tell them to hang in there a fix is on the way.

We are on 8.1(43) with 1 DS30A and 1 TCM8. We have the problem on both.

That is really weird; we have a couple of installs, ranging from a dozen to over a 100 users with this scenario, and we have yet to encounter this problem. To my knowledge, they're all on version 7.0(XX); I don't think we've sold this on 8.0 or 8.1.

I'm guessing this problem is happening on a specific release of M series; just been lucky not to have it happen to us.

Maybe you guys to brainstorm could post here the release of the phone (when available, lots of rebuilt going around without original stickers) and the model.

The issue we have with 7310s are with button programming within user profiles for the 12 double-level buttons above the screen, so we don't use it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back