Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500v2 IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyphones

Vendor
Nov 20, 2009
US
Hello, I'm trying to determine the ip address of an installed IPO 500v2 to connect with manager. I have collected a dump from the serial port during startup. Which ip address would it be. I assume the printed ip address is in HEX???
Thanks !! ( should I use the Lan port or Wan port for manager??)

LAN is 192.168.42.1 and WAN(LAN2) is 192.168.43.1 by default, but you sure you should be using Manager without knowing this? It's easy to mess it up :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

LAN2 by default is now a client rather than 192.168.43.1 - a change I actually like.

| ACSS SME |

It will come up as 43.1 if not connected to a network though.

Client is not good as when you have "client" set a reboot can wipe all groups from programming, been an intermittant issue since 4.0 (seen it 9/10 times) which they can't find/be arsed to fix :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Never knew about that bug and not had any issues myself, I just like the fact I can connect LAN2 to my network and program it up whilst still being able to get on the web (which is of course the most important thing when at work lol).

| ACSS SME |

this is a site I have never been to before, co has had mass firings and major downsizing, Looks like ip has been changed but no records available, that is why I asked about the dump. Are those ips in Hex. Customer also states that they had voicemail but when I push message button on phones states VM not running. Possibly VM server has been removed?

Never knew about that bug
it is not a bug
according to the specifications when powered up for the 1st time the IPO will check for a DHCP server & obtain an address if available if not it will assume a default address & become a DHCP server.

This is for both Lans & dates back all the way to the Network Alchemy (although I think Avaya broke it in some releases).

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

IPGuru, it is indeed not a bug but put in when they invented mupped mode.
Mupped mode will start in client mode by default.
When put back in IPO mode it will be on DHCP again but the pool is only 1 entry big and that is a bug, it should be 200 like it has been as long as i know.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Indeed you are correct
Muppet mode is indeed a bug.
I have not used Muppet mode (& do not intend to!)

It is a big bug :)
I tried it once.
But when you upgrade by recreating the SD card (or the newer cards that are already on 7) then it will start in mupped mode.
When you change it back to IPO mode then it will do this.
Try and see :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

indeed I have seen the pool size set to 1 but did not think about it as I was disabling DHCP anyway.

I gather it will get worse with V8 as a licence will be needed to kill muppet mode & I bet it will not get sold unless requested :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back