Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500v2 capacity question

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshaheen

Vendor
Apr 22, 2001
US
So I understand IPO 500 has 384 extension capacity. If you fill it with all digital/analog extension cards and expansion units , the math kind of makes sense.

My question , does that also include Avaya IP Phones and Virtual extensions?

Thanks.

I think the maths are

3 DS8 cards =24
1 x 4 port expansion card
12 expansion modules x 30 = 360

total 384

but no room for a VCM for IP extensions or trunks

Right IPO Head, that's how I counted as well.
So its just a matter of replacing one of the DS8 cards with a VCM + PRI card, and the other with a 4 port expansion... but my original question is can we exceed 384 extensions.

In our example above, we would have 368 digital/analog extensions, if my math is correct.
Since they don't use physical ports, Can we then have say about 50 more IP phones, and say another 50 virtual extensions?

Thanks.

Extension/User Capacity
A single IP500 V2/V2A Expansion can support 384 users and up to 384 Analog/digital/IP
extensions (H.323, SIP and or DECT R4). Analog and digital extension capacity is dependent
upon the hardware fitted to the system.
• Maximum users and extensions are configuration limits as well as a currently active/
registered limit.
• Extension and user limits include any resilience fail-over extensions/users; again these are
configuration limits as well as a currently active/registered limit.
• Extension capacity support includes IP Office acting as a server for any DHCP, upgrade and
other operational files. 1600/9600/J100 phone upgrade performance is limited to 50 within 50
minutes for the same phone type.
• Upgrading more than 50 phones at a time from an IP500 V2/V2A is not recommended. If
upgrade performance above these figures are required, an external HTTP/S server can be
used.
• For non-subscription systems, H323, DECT R4 and SIP extension capacity is also limited by
available licenses.
• 9600 H323 Remote worker extensions are supported at a lower capacity; maximum 120.
• 9600 H323 extensions with TLS are supported at a lower capacity; maximum 128. That is,
each VoIP extension that uses TLS reduces the extension capacity by 3.

Isn't there a 4-port expansion module card that takes the expansion module ports from 8 to 12 ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back