Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 V2 software details

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetratech

Technical User
May 15, 2024
SA

I have difficultly in understanding software packages in the IPO 500V2.

Documentation says;
Erasing the Core Software
When the firmware loaded by the control unit is erased, the control unit begins making BOOTP requests for replacement firmware files. IP Office Manager can act as a BOOTP server and respond to the control units request with the appropriate file from those installed with IP Office Manager.

What is this firmware and where it resides? Is this the same we load to the SD card?
If we follow the step above, does it erase the software in the SD card?

Why bother. BOOTP is off by default in IP Office Manager - that's just legacy text about a legacy feature. It might still work if you enable it and make sure you have the right BOOTP entry for the IP Office in Manager, but I wouldn't bet on it having been tested and checked by Avaya in a long time. Stick with having the right files on the SD card, the system will automatically load them from there if it needs to.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thank you for paying attention.
I formatted and created the SD card.
Is there anything more I can do to reset the unit more? like pressing 30-40 seconds?
Reason is that I am getting license server error and still no solution.

I am considering the 30 to 40 option in this link.

Link

If you have a license problem start by explaining that problem! If its the same issue from your previous thread of a few weeks ago, continue that thread rather than starting a new one that makes no mention of it being a license issue.

Apart from the different bin files for Basic Edition and the other modes, the fix for a license issue is very unlikely to be in reloading the firmware other than loading the right version.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back