Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 v2 Running 6.0.18-SD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmana

Programmer
Jan 23, 2008
US
Hey,

I have a system running 6.0.18 with embedded VM. Customer called and said display shows Voicemail Not Running. I logged in remotely and Monitor showed there was no SD Card (Even though there obviously was).

I rebooted remotely and NG.

I went to site and pulled power on the IPO, removed the SD card, reinserted card, and all is fine.

This is the first time this has happened at this site.

Previous posts talk about the card failing and pretty much staying that way.

Anyone seen this or have ideas?

Thanks!

Shut down the card, remove the card, format and recreate it then put the config back on it as config.cfg in the Primary folder and then power down and re insert the card, power up :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

I've had this exact same issue and was able to fix it by simply powering down the IPO/removing SD card/reinserting SD card/powering system back up, just as you have already performed. This happened about a year ago and the voicemail has not failed since. If it continues to happen, I would suggest following 'amriddles01s' advice.

R.A.F.
Communications Solutions, Inc

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton

You do not need to remove the card.
Open System status and disable the card.
When it is disabled then re-enable it again.
Only when that does not help then you need to recreate it.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It's hard to disable the card when System Status is not available, though. :)

R.A.F.

We are what we repeatedly do; therefore, excellence is not an act but a habit - Aristotle

Why should that not be available?
When you can access the system with manager then SSA can be used too.

BAZINGA!

When you don't have access to the system remotely and you're not in position to correct the problem within a certain amount of time and the customer needs a quick fix/solution. It's defintely an action a dummy could perform.

R.A.F.

Very true :)

BAZINGA!

I did the unplug/remove/reinstall/plug in option it has worked for 24+ hours.

Chalking this up to the reboot worked.

Thanks Guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back