Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500 V2- Essential edition- can't get Menu tree to Transfer 2nd AA??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atechguyy

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
CA
[highlight #4E9A06][/highlight]Hey There,, i am no expert,, so here is the issue In My AA 01 Menu tree i have press 1 fo company info,, i have it set up to transfer to AA 02 Company Info,,the recording is done for AA02 ,, when U call in and press 1 it just replays the Menu Tree recording instead of transfering to 2nd AA and playing company info??? Any ideas , i am guessing short code magic??? Thks for any help........Version 11.04.... They have Analog Trunks ,,,Its NOT Voicemail Pro. DID I PUT THE MENU GREETINGS IN THE WRONG PLACE-Morning-*8101,Afternoon-*8201,,Evening-*8301

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Check the shortcodes and verify that indeed you have the right greetings for AA1 and AA2. I have seen in the past people misrecord the greetings. I had one lady, somehow, recorded ringing as her auto attendant greeting then said the AA wasn't answering...

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

DID I PUT THE MENU GREETINGS IN THE WRONG PLACE-Morning-*8101,Afternoon-*8201,,Evening-*8301

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Yes. You only use the menu options which is *8401 for the first AA and *8402 for the second AA. You need to create 2 separate AAs not try to use morning, afternoon, and evening. When you transfer from one auto attendant to another it bypasses morning/afternoon/evening and goes straight to menu options. Also you can't repeat morning/afternoon/evening greetings only the menu options.

Many Thanks Critchey X's 10.. will do that.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

Hey anyone i have the above working but they can't dial direct ext222-2xx when in the AA Menu tree ,, is there a easy way to get it to work ?? I heard of press * or # before the ext.# This is Essential Edition 11.04 . Let me know what steps i need to do. Many Thks.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

If you want to dial extensions directly you need to turn on Direct Dial-by-number under the Auto-Attendant tab for the created auto attendant. Then under the Actions tab set selector 2 to dial by number. This should allow you to dial any 2XX extension.

Thanks Critchey i do remember see that optionn ,, would putting a ( * ) before the Ext .# work >?? many Thks.

Durham/Kawartha ,Ont.

If you leave direct dial by number unchecked and then make selector * dial by number then it would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back