Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 406v2 CF card size limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

codermonkey

IS-IT--Management
Mar 27, 2007
PL
Is there a limit in the size of card that the 406 will accept?
I had a 32mb card, but that was too small to put all the bin files on, so I purchased the smlled i could find now, 4GB :)
The IPO does not seem to like it.

rcoleman, it sounds like you are talking about a VM card.

the others were talking about plain CF cards for storing bin files etc.

"There's a dog in the New Zealand section

were you ever able to add files to it?

ive never tried storing files on a vm card.

I previously added HoldMusic.wav file. It is 464102 bytes.

Total Space is 69833216 bytes
Space Remaining is -6870528 bytes

Thanks

are you sure that uploaded to the card and not the internal memory?

I believe so. The info I posted was displayed from the Embedded File Management program.

rcoleman65, what software you on for the IP Office? I think they have buggered up the embedded file management since 4.2.14 and it randomly does this and corrupts the files you upload to it, I have it on a 500 running R5 at the moment but if I put the card in a 406 running anything lower it is fine :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I tried uninstalling the software to 4.0 on my PC but that didn't fix it. Do you think I should also downgrade the firmware in the SOE?

Thanks

No I wouldn't, I was just guessing at the cause based on what I had done, it may not be the case :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

What size card did you get? If you use a card that is to large the system will show negative or equal free space to that used (i.e. 8GB free and 8GB used on a 8GB card). I can guarnatee that 2GB cards work. We have used 4GB cards without issue but I can tell you absolutley 8GB cards can be read from but can NOT be written to using the embedded file management system.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

I think we are talking apples and oranges. The card I have is the 64Meg Avaya Embedded Voicemail.

The 64MB VM card does not work on the 406
It only works on the SOE

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back