Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 406v2 3.1.29 VPN setup for 46xx VPNRemote 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdegray

IS-IT--Management
Jul 5, 2006
Is it possible to set up an IPO to act as a VPN endpoint for a 46xx VPNRemote enabled phone? I'd like to equip a remote user with a VPN enabled 4610 to use from his SOHO network. I am unable to find any supporting (or contradicting) information. We purchased IPSec licensing for our 406, but I have been unable to arrive at a configuration that has been able to accept any type of VPN connection I have tried. I do not have a NetScreen client to test with, but have tried VPN clients from a number of other vendors (including Avaya). It appears as though the Logical LAN IP that I set up on the IPO is unreachable. Is there some undocumented trick that I'm missing? Is it possible to do what I'm trying without a SG device?

TIA

These phones only work with the AVAYA SG modules, maybe in the future?

Thanks, intrigrant.

Should I be surprised (or concerned) that I could not get anyone at Avaya to provide an answer? I'm still waiting for a return call 1 week later . . .

Do you know if I will need an SG200 or will an SG5 do the trick?

You need a SG200 or up the SG5 will not work because its to cheep:)

Greets Peter

That's too bad. I'm realy into cheap right now. ;-)

Avaya is working for a 46xx VPN release on IPO, i suppose in 4.0 and it will be licensed per user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back