Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 406 with embedded voicemail has wrong vm time stamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talligen

IS-IT--Management
Jan 3, 2008
US
I'm new to this job and recently, users in a remote office tell me that when they listen to thier voicemail, the time stamp is off by 7 hours. Since we are in California, I suspect that the time zone is wrong.

They have an IP406 with embedded vouicemail. There is a PC at my location with Manager and VM Pro which we use to manage our IP403 system, but I don't think they have a PC at their location.

I tried searching the forums, but I didn't come across anything that would help. Does anyone have any ideas on how to change the voicemail time stamp?

You need to set the system to the correct time, you need a pc on that site with Manager open making sure the Time server option is left selected, make sure the firewall is off and enter the IP address of that pc into the system as the time server, this will allow the system to correct it's time but may take a few minutes to do so, this can be confirmed by connecting using Monitor to see what time that system thinks it is :)

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Ok, so I don't think there's a PC with Manager installed at the remote site. I was able to connect to the remote site with the local Manager though.

On the system configuration form, I changed the IP address to the IP address of the local PC that's running Manager, then merged the config. When I logged back on, the IP address reverted back to it's pre-change address (0.0.0.1). I tried this a couple of times, but got the same results.

Any thoughts on this? Can I simply install Manager on a remote PC and then do it?

>the time stamp is off by 7 hours. Since we are in California, I suspect that the time zone is wrong

IS this precisely 7 hours or about 7 hours...

>the IP address reverted back to it's pre-change address (0.0.0.1)

0.0.0.1 stops the IPO from looking for time updates.

TBH this sounds like the system was never set with the correct time or has drifted *substantially* since it was last set.

The timeserver address probably needs a reboot, rather than merge.

amriddles' suggestions is good - but you have be running ver 4+

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

I loaded up Monitor and was able to see the time stamp on the logs...it is exactly 7 hours fast. It's currently 14:39 and the log shows 21:39.

I've confirmed that there isn't a Manager installed at the remote location, so that brings up the next question.

Is the Admin software version tied to the switch version? Or, can I just download the latest and greatest (I think it's 6.0 now) and throw it on any old PC in the remote site? Would the PC have to be on the same subnet as the switch, because the switch is on a separate subnet all by itself.

Under System>System Tab change the Time Offset to -7. You are pulling your time from a PC running monitor that is in a different time zone.

Regards
Mark

Avaya SMEC - ACSS

Well, it looks like I fixed it.

Since there wasn't a remote PC with Manager installed, I tried using our local installation of Manager (unfortunately, it is a much older version). I was able to log on to the remote unit but when I tried applying changes to the configuration (or even rebooting it), the updates would fail. So, I installed a new copy of the latest version of the IP Office Admin suite on my laptop. After a short learning curve, was able to connect to the remote unit, configure it to use the local Manager installation as it’s time server, and updated the configuration files. That was it.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back