Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 4.9 Ring wile on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

in4ni

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2008
US
IP Office 4.9. How do i make an extension ring when the phone is in use? Our operator cannot hear another call come in when she is on a call.

Thank you and have a great day

Enable call waiting on hunt group if Operator is in a hunt group. Enable call waiting in the telephony tab of User.

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful"
"The lack of money is the root of all evil" [machinegun] [flip]

4.9? think you are missing at least a number there or on a very early Alpha..possibly 4.2(19)?

@Infinity306 He uses 4.1.9 check his other posts.

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

ahh ok, Wasn't trying to be a smarta or anything, just saw this thread on the page and 4.9 didn't match a version for ipoffice I knew of, figured it was a 4.1.9 or something like that..

sorry about that version Typo.

The call waiting tip gave me a 1/2 a ring, Guess that will have to work

Thank you

it gives you half a ring so it doesnt sit there and bug you if you are on the other line. you should still ring visually on the phone for the remainder of the No Answer time.

That's how it works. If you have Phone Manager PRO then you could create a HuntGroup for that Phone. If you turn on Queuing then you'll get a Queue alert on your PC Screen.

Greetzzz...Bas

y1pzZTEUdok1vrI5cLb3FdPX4PgTPlSONkb5WPjz0x50etSujaMSmhdRCbOx9vASnrRNzzXv0IxNQA

Or try softconsole, It is a nice working solution for an operator position.

Check under User|Telephony for an Abbreviated Ring checkbox and uncheck it. I think that option is available in 4.1.9.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back