Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 11.1.3.1 b34 Web Client

attex

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
US
users cannot call extensions outside of there department groups

It sounds like there might be a configuration issue with the call permissions in your Avaya IP Office system. Check the following steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue:

1. Check User Rights: Ensure that the user rights for each department group are correctly configured. Users might be restricted from calling outside their group due to specific user rights settings.
  2. Short Codes: Verify that the short codes for dialing extensions are correctly set up and that there are no restrictions preventing calls to other groups.
  3. ARS (Automatic Route Selection): Make sure that the ARS settings are not limiting calls to only within the department groups.
  4. User Profiles: Check the user profiles to ensure that there are no restrictions applied that would prevent calling outside the department.
  5. System Status: Use the System Status Application (SSA) to monitor and diagnose any issues with call routing.

I am working on this with the OP.
the users hard phone can call anyone with no issues. ( so I don't think it is related to the user settings/ user rights)

when using the Webclient they can log in and dial some numbers, others just act like the system does not know the extension exists.
I am lacking in understanding what all webclient uses for resources, does it use onex-portal for backend?
I can search the directory in onex portal and the extension is in there.
Is there any WEBRTC config anywhere?

I am puzzeled for sure.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back