Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IpLDK 100 with Sip Public Provider

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarikkk

Technical User
Feb 9, 2009
DZ
Hi everyone
This is my first thread on this forum that I find just yesterday and which is very intresting.

I try to use a Public SIP account with an ipLdk100 to do international calls through the sip trunk.

I already use the very helpfull threads of the doktor:
That I followed step by step but this is for connection with another pbx. What I want is to connect the ipLDK to A SIP public provider

The signaling is oK I can do calls through the SIP account it ring on the other side but the problem is that the speech isn't there, we hear nothing on both sides.

Second problem is that the clip is not send!!

Third problem I can't receive calls also!!!

Does anybody got n idea???!!!

Thanks inadvance

Hi Tarikk

Now, all the documents have been forwarded to you and all MBP/VOIBE software is at the higest level. If it still does not work you must begin to make wireshark traces and send to your SIP provider and also to your local LG-Nortel authorized dealer/supplier.
Let us know how you solved this issue. Of course you are welcome to write your question here in the forum, but it is difficult for us to do more for the moment.

///doktor

Hi Tarikkk
You can probe if you connection with Sip Provider is good,
with SIP Phone X-Lite with same data(user and password an IP address.
This way you can see if the problem is on ipLDK or your network or SIP Provider.
Check this ports:
RTP/RTCP : 2048~2192
-. Signaling : 5588

Saludos..

JLMT//

Hi Morenot
It works very well with X-Lite, but this doesn't mean that the problem is on LDK because X-Lite is oriented SIP only which means that all its ports are opened and supports all existing codecs.
But concerning the RTP/RTCP port are you talking about X-Lite or LDK because this is my problem I couldn't find where to check these ports on LDK???

There is no firewall
To tell you more... there is no network also!!!

I went to the provider site and I connected the system directly on the same switch of te provider ipbx (not asterisk may be 3cx or anoter one) behind the firewall (so there is no firewall between LDK and provider)
So it can not be a firewall problem

But how come we cannot open thoses port on LDK???

The LDK system is fully opened, so this issue can not deal with "ports" if there is no firewall...
SIP consists of many parts (RFC's). If your SIP provider does not support the RFC's supported (demanded) by the LDK system, then this will never work.
To check what RFC's are supported you must contact your local LG-Nortel representative and also your SIP provider.
The supported RFC's must match.

///doktor

Hi Tarikkk
Do you have 8 Sip trunks?
if yes, these trunks configure its to CO Group 1(PGM 141 ATT 1)
and Networking Group 0 (PGM 322)
The rest, configure to another groups..

Hi Morenot
I have only one sip trunk,
but I'm working with the collaboration of the Provider now we are doing tests in their offices, I can ask for more trunks if we need.
I didn't understand the difference between 1 and 8 sip trunks?.
Even if I'm sure this will not solve the speech problem because this is signaling, I will try to do it, I'll program networking goup 0 in PGM 322, and I imagine I have to enable Net in PGM 320 too.
I'm sure it's RFC's discordance between us and the provider as doktor says.
But I'll try it, we have nothing to loose!
Thanks again guys

Hi Everyone

Finally I found the problem
And it's not on LDK system but on provider side!
We were right from the bigining guys.
The gateway that the provider uses has a problem, this morning the provider changed the gateway to another one and I finally hear my voice on my GSM from the LDK.
Believe me I was never so happy to hear myself like this morning!!!

But I still have one more problem concerning the incoming, I don't receive any calls (signaling and speech as well).
Is theere another program then PGM144 for this issue???
Thanks for you patience

Perfect...
let´s go for less..
Send me via Doktor your final Configuration.USR again...

It's the same one, you already got it.
Just add the link between SIP and Station on PGM111 Btn 23.
I's the only thing diffrent now.

How do you dial from Sip Provider to ipldk 60
and viceversa

Hi Tarikk and MorenoT

As I said:
"Do not give up!
This very good product will work, as you saw with morenot's ipLDK-60!
Good luck."

I was never disappointed, so you should also be happy!

///doktor

Hi again

As this installation deals with a PUBLIC line you need to consider these installations guides for PRI:

Check this one.
thread1613-1490511: PRI
And you need to use "DID conversion conf type 2" to use PGM231.

Try to add the PRI "thing" into your ipLDK-100 - for test.

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back