Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500v2 upgraded to 9.1.7 Call Park issue 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlee321

Technical User
Nov 4, 2008
US
After upgrading to 9.1.7, taking a call from Call Park requires an additional key press to select the call as external take the call. I have never had to do this with prior service packs, is this a setting i can disable with manager?

Is there any way to correct this?

I have an update to report on this problem is finally resolved with R9.1 SP9

I upgraded IP500V2 to 9.1.9.0, and after adding TUI:NO_SINGLE_PARK_INSPECT to nouser, and trying a mergable update, there are no issues.

I just finished an upgrade to 9.1.9 from 9.1.6, and can confirm the results edlivian reported. Mergeable changes did not break it. Rebooted, made mergeable changes...no problem.

Also, the DSS setting under System/Telephony had no affect on the operation of the Park buttons in this release.

Now we just need to confirm when this is fixed in 10.0.

Avaya SME Certified

If there is 10.0 SP2 isn't up yet.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Just a heads up - TUI:NO_SINGLE_PARK_INSPECT works for the 96xx phones, but not the 16xx

LOL, its like the bug thats keeps coming back and mutating.

What was wrong with the original setting of of changing DSS Status, why did Avaya have to create a solution for a problem no one faced!?!

Probably derived in the marketing department and passed on for execution to the developers.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Decided to run some tests with 9.1.9 and a few phones and this is what I found.

9508 and 9608 work with the no user code and continue to work after a merge or even reboot.
1416 and 1616 do NOT work with the no user code and are forced to use 2 button presses.

The best part this is a "fix" for something that absolutely no one asked for or needed. How it previously worked was perfectly fine.

at what point do you think avaya will give up, and just go back to original functionality, SP14?

There no mention of it in R10 SP2, guess you'll have to wait until SP3 for the fixes to be on par with 9.1.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

The best part this is a "fix" for something that absolutely no one asked for or needed. How it previously worked was perfectly fine.

Indeed the original implementation gave the user the choice of operation mode,
they disabled this choice "to offer consistency", then put a patch in to enable you to select the opposite method of operation.

clearly the person designing / implementing this feature is new t the IP Office platform & completely unaware that he was reinventing the wheel (and making it square).

Just in-case anyone form Avaya reads this, if you find you need to add a no_user opton to change operation DONT. you need to provide a Tick box (preferably per user as well as system wide) & Make sure it is also part of user rights
(reserve Last CA is still not in user rights).

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

10.0.2 does fix the parking with the no user code.

10.0 might actually be built on 9.1.6 which is before they broke it =) Although in that case you wouldn't need the NoUser SourceNumber.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I tested both methods just to know how to go forward. I had this box at 10.0.1 and had tested it before upgrading this morning.

You said 10.2 fixes the park issue using the no usercode, does it work on 14xx or 16xx phones or have you only tried it on 95xx or 96xx phones?

The 14xx and 16xx have always been a two button park, if I am not mistaken. (I believe that was the reason for the 'consistent across platform' decision) It always through me when doing training as we very rarely sell them, except in school environments were they really don't use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back