Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500v2 upgraded to 9.1.7 Call Park issue 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

edlee321

Technical User
Nov 4, 2008
US
After upgrading to 9.1.7, taking a call from Call Park requires an additional key press to select the call as external take the call. I have never had to do this with prior service packs, is this a setting i can disable with manager?

Is there any way to correct this?

I just fired up my test system to run some tests. It was already on 8.1.95, and as stated the DSS status option being checked on takes 1 button press and shows the status, and then you must hit connect. With it unchecked, you immediately unpark the call. I upgraded my system to 9.1.7 and that is no longer the case apparently. Regardless of the status of the DSS status option checkbox, it always requires two button presses. Sounds like a bug to me but probably "working as intended".

Okay, I was testing it on 9.1.4, and the DSS Status checkbox would toggle the behavior of the unpark, I did update our office system to 9.1.7 and now it ignores the DSS status button whether it is checked or not it's always 2 button presses to unpark. So I guess I didn't learn anything new, other than Avaya seems to change the default behavior of unparking a call in any given release. Could be one press or two! Who knows! Thanks Avaya!

Tested on 9.1.6 today
Unticked dss status

Parked a call
Retrieved a call with just 1 button press

Ticked dss status

Parked a call
Retrieved a call required 2 button press.

I've heard 9.1.7 has other problems too, should we stay away from this release anyway?

has anyone tested recently released 9.1.8 to see if the call park setting went back to previous setting?

Hi All,

Had the same issue and it was for a 28-site implementation so they were a little p.o.'d to say the least.
This particular feature was changed in an effort to unify the style and feel of all feature sets across all phones, per Avaya. However, they created a NoUser source number that restores the old functionality:

TUI:NO_SINGLE_PARK_INSPECT

I have already implanted with no service impact and happy users. Their explanation is in the following:

Hi JnatureLy,

We were given this solution on Call Park for 9.1.7 a couple of months ago, for 9608's. We noticed that when we entered that source number, it did the trick at first. Then we did a mergable change (added a user button on a phone), and it stopped working. We did this lab test time and time again. A mergeable change caused unparking of the call to require Connect softkey, regardless of this entry in the No User source number tab. We told Avaya about this too, and my ticket stayed open for weeks with same update "they were working on it". Finally told them we couldn't wait on them any longer and we downgraded our customer to 9.1 SP6. Problem solved, and they closed my ticket a couple of weeks ago.

Can anyone test 9.1.8 and see what the default call park setting does?

Hey all, stumbled across this thread looking for an answer to call park on R9.1.8. I have a new customer that is on 9.1.8 and I have to press park and then connect to answer a parked call. I have the button on their phone set to "Call Park" and I have tried it with both DSS unchecked and checked with no difference. Will try the No User Source and report back.

Here's an update: I tried the NoUser Source and it worked initially, but then stopped working after I did a mergable change. So looks like same result as 9.1.7.

thanks for testing, I guess we are staying with 9.1.6

The latest from Avaya is that they have a good consensus on the failure of the source number and are working to get it fixed in 9.1.9.

I have been in contact with senior support personnel at Avaya about this issue and was told they are not happy about it. This issue has already been addressed with Design and it will be corrected in a future patch release.

Hi folks - thanks for the info in this post. It has helped me resolve a customer issue I created after upgrading from 9.0 to 9.1.7 (I'm downgrading to 9.1.6).

Question - does anyone know if the park buttons work with a single button press on r10.0? I am about to upgrade several customers, and this would be a problem for them.

Many thanks!

Avaya SME Certified

I's sorry to hear r10.0 exhibits the same behavior. I hope a 10.0 fix is also planned for the service pack stream, because none of my customers like having to press the button twice.

Avaya SME Certified

has anyone tested SP9 to see if call park issue is fixed with nouser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back