Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 V2 rel 8 (SIP TRUNKS / CODECS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

poq

Programmer
Nov 10, 2005
US
I am installing SIP Trunks on an IP500V2 rel 8. (4 Channel Broadvox Trunk to be exact).

1. I followed the Avaya Instructs to the "T" on installing SIP Trunks.
2. I am using an available Static IP.
3. I am bypassing the Company Sonicwall Firewall, I am going Direct from Comcast modem to LAN2 / WAN Port on IP500. (IP WAN Port Programmed to the Public IP Add.)
4. Attended both Intermediate and Advanced Training with Avaya related to IP500.

All that said..
I was doing my programming from a remote location using an IP Phone for testing purposes. Everything was working perfectly remote but when I went into the company I could not dial out on any of the Digital Phones. Phones would route to ARS fine, but when trying to grab a line it gave me "Waiting For A Line" on the display.
I checked out my Monitor while this was taking place and saw something relating to a codec issue. See following:
1889983mS CMARS: FORM: Main - Received Number: 8888888888
1889983mS CMARS: FOUND A SHORT CODE - short_code: 1N; - Tel: 1N@208.93.226.215 - Called_Party: 8888888888 - Line Group Id: 18
1889983mS CMARS: FindActiveARSByGroupID GroupID=18 - Not Found
1889983mS CMLRQ: FindActiveLRQByGroupID GroupID=18 - Not Found
1889983mS CMMap: Mapper::AllocateCodec unable to allocate resource
1889984mS CMCallEvt: Cannot reserve a codec for Bend, aend is 0.1116.0 24 CustomersPhoneExt.0
1889984mS CMARS: LINE with group ID: 18 HAS NO CHANNEL: 34 - ATTEMPT OTHER TARGETS
1889984mS CMMap: Mapper::AllocateCodec unable to allocate resource
1889985mS CMCallEvt: Cannot reserve a codec for Bend, aend is 0.1116.0 24 CustomersPhoneExt.0
1889985mS CMARS: No Alternate ARS Or User Priority lower than ARS Priority - Remain on the Current Form: Main
1889985mS CMARS: CMARSTargetingBusy

For testing purposes I hooked up an IP Phone internal to the office and it dialed out fine.

Any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JGPOQ

You have no VCM resources.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I am communicating with my remote IP Phones from digital phones within the office. I have the following setup:
IP500
DIGITAL STATION 8
PHONE2/ATM4
CARRIER/VCM30 **

I don't believe that I would be able to talk to my Remote IP Phones if I didn't have any VCM Resources? Just a thought.

I have my System Status open.
- It is showing that I have 30 VCM Channels with 0 in use at this time.
- I placed a test call from an IP Phone to a Digital and the System Status showed 1 VCM Channel in use at 3%.

Also, I don't know if this is any indicator of anything but I am unable to use Mobility Twinning on the working IP Phones.
I upgraded my system from 6.0. I retained the Preferred Edititon (Voicemail Pro) License. Is this also accepted as the Preferred License. (i beleive preferred is required for mobility)

then you have a codec setting wrong on the sip trunk or something like that.
if you have monitor open then select development tracing in the system filter and open the voice compressors window frm the status menu, make a sip call and look what happens.

A simple mind delivers great solutions

I am still unable to get the Digital Sets to grab the Line Group of my Sip Line. I have a VCM30 sitting on a legacy carrier as the VCM Resource. Is the VCM30 Compatible with SIP Trunks? Maybe I need the VCM32?

My montior is telling me the following after attempting to make a call from a Digital Set:

96518mS CMARS: FORM: Main - Received Number: 5888888888
96519mS CMARS: FOUND A SHORT CODE - short_code: 1N; - Tel: 1N@208.93.226.215 - Called_Party: 5888888888- Line Group Id: 18
96519mS CMARS: FindActiveARSByGroupID GroupID=18 - Not Found
96519mS CMLRQ: FindActiveLRQByGroupID GroupID=18 - Not Found
96519mS CMMap: Mapper::AllocateCodec unable to allocate resource
96519mS CMCallEvt: Cannot reserve a codec for Bend, aend is 0.1018.0 7 Ext201.0
96520mS CMARS: LINE with group ID: 18 HAS NO CHANNEL: 34 - ATTEMPT OTHER TARGETS
96520mS CMMap: Mapper::AllocateCodec unable to allocate resource
96520mS CMCallEvt: Cannot reserve a codec for Bend, aend is 0.1018.0 7 Ext201.0
96520mS CMARS: No Alternate ARS Or User Priority lower than ARS Priority - Remain on the Current Form: Main
96521mS CMARS: CMARSTargetingBusy

Any help is greatly appreciated.

sound like a vcm issue on first glance , do you have a spare VCM32/64 or a combo to test with, also what are your system and line codecs set to? are you on the correct Codec Alaw Ulaw(country dependant.)?

What does a trace say on a ip call , what codecs are the Ip resources using ?

Looking at it that way will allow you to trouble shoot further.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Hey guys, thanks for your help. Problem solved.

Solution:
Removed the VCM30 that was in the Legacy Carrier. Removed the Digital Station 8's. Used (1) IP500 Combo Card. Looks like all 10 VCM Channels inherent on the Combo Card are live. The Twinning is working as well. Must have been either a defective VCM30 or the VCM30 was old enough not to support new SIP Trunk Codec's? Anyway, greatly appreciate the feedback.

JPG POQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back