Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 Server Edition Woes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdavis18

Vendor
Feb 19, 2013
US
Working on wrapping up a 14 site Server Edition with 2 HP servers and 12 ip500 Expansions.....Can't seems to get Avaya to help with this one..When using source numbers to display Hunt Group messages on a user phone they are unable to retreive the message from visual voice. The mailbox light works and displays the new message but it does not allow them to play the message or see the details.
Another fun voicemail issue...When incomming calls use the transfer action from a voicemail pro module it rings the phone/group properly but when the coverage timer expires it never goes to vmail. The caller only hears dead air for aprox 2 minutes then it disconnects the call. System status looks like their connected to the mailbox but no greeting plays and no message is left in the box.
I have worked around this by using assisted transfer but what a pain! 20 different auto attendants with multiple transfers that now need 4 more steps to create the same result!
My opinion: Voicemail Pro for Server Edition is extremely buggy! I hope 9.0 addresses some of these issue, not to mention the buggiest Manager since ip400 days!

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
Damn Byrds!

The dead air thing could be a bug, you have Announcements enabled on the users? If so then change the answer timer of the 1st announcement below 4 or higher as 16 secons.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Also the huntgroup voicemail is a known issue in a SCN (This is what the server edition uses)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

cdavis,
My company just installed a server edition with only 2 ip500 exspansions. We have so many problems I cant list them all. I want to throw the whole thing out the window!!! Hate to sound like an old Nortel blue guy but it getting rediculous. This product stinks.

In regard to your dead air issue we kindof had the same problem with regular mailbox users. The call would not forward to VM. two things fixed. Reloading the server with a boot disk(get the linux files on Avaya site) and unchecking "direct media path" on your scn lines. Hope this helps.

Server edition is not that bad, but it only ever works as well as it's programmed and as well as the person installing it knows how to do it :)

"No problem monkey socks

We are running the server edition from the trials and I never had speech issues that where not configuration problems.
You could perhaps found a bug and if that is the case then raise it with Avaya.
Complaining does not help as every software in the world has bugs.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

AVAYA fessed up to both issues and says there are patches. The Tranfer issue is Critical Patch ipoffice-8.1.97-40926. and I'm still waiting to hear on the second..

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."
Damn Byrds!

Server edition is a fairly new product offer, glad you guys are working out all the bugs with Avaya. ;)

Unable to use any existing patches to fix either voicemail issue. They attempted an 1P500v2 patch on the visual voice issue and it did not work. On the loss of audio issue the patch they had was 8.1.96 and the system was already running 8.1.98-5. They basically said that Rel 9 should fix both issues and to wait until it releases in mid Sept. Booooooo!

Damn Byrds!

Has anyone confirmed that 9.0 actually fixes this?
We are deploying a Server Edition still running 8.1 and having to use assisted transfer in VM Pro like described by the OP.

Isaac Braca
Avaya ACA - IP Office
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.

ICCS, Your Premier IT & Telecom Partner, is a New York City Based Avaya SMB Expert Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Visit and Post on my Blog:

the inability to leave VM for a hunt group can be fixed by adding a leave mail action for the group in VM pro, although you youldn't have to do that. But it works.

There's supposed to be a patch for the HG VM over a SCN thing, but I don't know what the version number is

If someone knows for sure this is fixed in R9, please let us know.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back