Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 - Echo on ISDN line 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

No1cookie

Technical User
Jun 25, 2007
GB
Hi, hope someone out there can help me. I've never seen this problem before and am stumped - can't seem to find anything on the net.

I have a site where there is a problem with an echo on the system. Lines are ISDN 2e and the system has Avaya 5420 digital phones and no IP phones. Voicemail Lite.
Software version is 4.05.

Thinking this was a problem with the kit I installed another IP500 and the problem still occurs.

The echo is one way only - only the IP500 site can hear it. The incoming caller hears no echo.

The problem occurs on internal calls as well - the person who initiated the call hears the echo.

Have checked digital modules, BRI modules. ISDN lines and phones and, as I said before swapped the kit.

Any ideas or experience of this?

Turn off AGC on the 5420 phone under options.

I have some sites with the same issue. Tried the AGC and it did not help. The ones ihave are PRI not BRI but same exact things as you describe. nothing seems to help it.

Are you using voice recording, i have a similar issue, turn recording off and now its fine again.

ACA - IP Office Implement
ACS - IP Office Implement
ACE - IP Office Implement
ACI - IP Office Implement

Many thanks for the help everyone, really appreciate it.

Turning off AGC seems to have solved it, but will monitor it and let you know if the echo re-occurs.

There is no voice recording enabled on the system.

Part of our standard setup is to turn off AGC due to the amount of echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back