Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 and SIP Trunking Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2003
US
I am in the middle of an install with an IP500 and SIP trunking from bandwidth.com. I have run into 2 major issues that I have to resolve in 5 days in order to have a successful cut. FYI - I have had Avaya T3 SIP engineer and bandwidth.com SIP engineer involved for 2 days:

- Inbound calling is working, but outbound is not! Avaya has some kind of a bug that screws-up the formating of the routing string. Bandwidth.com requires the format of the "To:" string to be the following: "+15555555555@IPAddress". Should be no problem, right? Unfortunately, Avaya doesn't offer a configuration option for formatting the number in E.164 format (+1) and sending the proper host information. It is either one or the other. As an example, if I select "Use Tel URI" so that the IP500 will send in an E.164 format (+15555555555) then the IP500 will not send any host info. That should be no problem, I thought, I will just add the host information to the ARS or short code dial string and everything will be good, i.e., 9N; for short code, N"@IPAddress" for Telephone Number field. Nope. When I add anything to the Telephone Number field in ARS or the dial short code, the IP500 stops sending the number in the +1 format by no longer sending the "+". If I disable the "Use Tel URI" option and try to force a "+" in front of the "N" in the Telephone Number field of a short code, the IP500 sends two 0s: "0015555555555". Anyone have any suggestions on how to get around this?

- The CallerID that is displayed on the phones is in SIP format: "15555555555@IPAddress". This I just don't understand as the routing for the incoming call route works fine off a normal incoming number match of 5555555555. Although this is also a big issue, it is not as big as the first one.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this will work, but...
Did you try something like: "+"N"@ipaddress"

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Drew

Yes, I tried that.

I have a related question for you. How did you get FWD outbound to work with 4.0?

Wow! FWD was actually the easiest. Auth is your FWD#, PW is the password (same as you log onto the web site with).

I setup an ars that is 393N/393N"@fwd.pulver.com"/Dial (3 (F), 9 (W), 3 (D)).

Works like a top. I actually have a candybar style wifi phone with another number. I can dial into the IPO from the other phone and then through vmpro, off-switch transfer myself out.

Is only your inbound working?

I just read my previous post. Omit:
(3 (F), 9 (W), 3 (D))

That was just an explanation of why I chose 393 as the short code/ars beginnning.

Hope this helps.

binxwalker,

How did you get bandwidth.com to work for incoming? I can't make it happen. My IPO keeps sending them a 404 and in the logs the IPO complains there is no route for the call.

I am trying to route incoming calls from the bandwidth.com SIP line to an existing Incoming Call Route which targets a Voicemail module. Works like a champ for my POTS lines.

Also, did bandwidth.com fix your outgoing problem? They told me they were aware of an issue and they could make a change on their end. But nothing yet.

I have been through several providers for sip. I just attended an avaya 4.0 train the trainer. We were able to get sip working fine from Curryip.com. Still having trouble with bandwith.com and Angnetworks. If you can cancel your service I would. I got curryip.com to work in minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back