Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 4.1.12 install 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDTECK

Technical User
Oct 24, 2007
In the process of installing IP500 4.1.12 and about to cut over the the T1's. We have a dual PRI card and the IP Office is giving us an error message " The number of channels configured on the universal PRI lines exceeds the number of licensed channels" I have never seen this before. I'm used to plugging in the PRI card and going never anythign to do with licensing.

Any thoughts?

Hi, universal PRI has 8 channels activated by default, if you want more there is a license for that.

Is this new? I have never had to do that before? Is the license specific to PRI or is part of the professional license?

If you use old PRI there is no license, only with universal PRI you need a license. You need 4.1 to use universal PRI so it came with 4.1.
Guess if you have an old dual PRI, or 2 single, you could put that in IPO and make it work.

It is a licence by itself.

To get rid of the message - but not the issue, reduce the channel count to 8 on the PRI line tab.

To enable the extra lines you need the extra PRI channel licence. Unlicenced channels will reject incoming calls and can't be used to make outbound calls

Shoot the sales man for not knowing what is needed!

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

As you are in the USA I'd better clarify...

I meant
me said:
Shoot the sales man for not knowing what is needed!

in a figurative, not a literal sense.... [wink]

Take Care

Matt
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Think you only solve outgoing calls by reduce channels, service provider will still send calls to channels without a license.

Good thing you clarified that as figurative for us colonials. I was about to post as to whether I should use the 16 gauge, the mouser, 9 mil, mac90, 45, or borrow the neighbors Tommy. I should have just acted before you clarified.

Did we just assume the cost of the PRI card dropped to half? Darn sales people, take them out back and shake em.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M, TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
ACE Implement: IP Office

"If it worked the way it should you wouldn't need me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back